Hi. It's been a while since I used Skype but now I need to use it to contact the UK Income Tax office. Looking at the Skype app on my smartphone I see that I have  I have a small amount of Skype to Phone credit but probably not enough, so I want to add some credit. I have clicked on Skype to Phone and a new page appears with options to add credit of different amounts of Thai baht. If I click on "Add THB 350.00 credit" I get 2 options... 1)  "Skype Credit"  2) My credit card (presumably the card I last used) and I want to use this same card again, so I clicked on that and another screen appears with my credit card at the top with a tick beside it. If I tap on that I get another screen which asks me for my password which, of course I have forgotten, but I really don't know which password they are asking for and it's confusing me greatly. I'm at the end of my tether with this now, and now I want to get some help on how to progress, or is there another app similar to Skype which members can recommend if I decide to ditch Skype and start again? All help and recommendations will be really welcome. Thanks in advance, thoengthaied.

It's asking for your Skype password to confirm the transaction. Depending on how you set up your Skype account, it might be your Windows password, but there should also be an option to reset your password. That would probably be the easiest way to fix it. 

Posted (edited)

If you go into the Skype app and select your photo (top left) it gives you the option to sign out, if you select that and want to sign in again you'll get a forgotten password option, give that a go. 

Skype synced my passwords a while back for hotmail, as their owned by microsoft you may have done something similar in the past, so if you change your password it may effect other signons, only you know

Edited by scubascuba3