Thai Govt Unveils Tax Measures to Boost Tourism

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Additionally, income tax deductions will be offered for expenses incurred on accommodations such as homestays and non-hotel stays, particularly in secondary cities. This move is designed to spread the economic benefits of tourism across less-visited areas.

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin admitted that these measures would result in a revenue loss of 1.5 billion baht (approximately £35 million). However, he asserted that the long-term benefits to the economy would outweigh the initial cost, stating, "The benefits will be greater."

I thought these expenses were already tax deductible. Losing 1.5 billion baht I would have thought that was the last thing Thailand needs at the moment. Long term benefits is not what is needed right now. This PM seems to know naff all about finances.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt the Thai hotel owners will take the tax cuts and lower their prices back to a reasonable level. 

That is one of the many problems - Hotels in Thailand upped their prices and they are not dropping them down enough.

3 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I doubt the Thai hotel owners will take the tax cuts and lower their prices back to a reasonable level. 

That is one of the many problems - Hotels in Thailand upped their prices and they are not dropping them down enough.

Quick people are coming double the prices,. 

• Thumbs Up 2