TM30 (Notification of stay) done by yourself.

Hi AN Members, 

It's raining posts today... Contemplating to move to a new rental house and was wondering what documents are required for me to be able to register at the website of immigration office (Chaeng Wattana) for doing my own TM30 reports online?

- Copy (and signed) ID card of owner???

- Copy (and signed) Tabian baan of owner??? 

- Letter of consent?
- Rental Agreement?
- Anything else I forgot?

Also please note that the address on tabian baan of owner is not the same address of the rental house. Is that a problem if the owner is registered at another house instead?

A Zillion Thanks Guys,

Ook

17 minutes ago, Ook said:

Copy of Passport data page.

18 minutes ago, Ook said:

Also please note that the address on tabian baan of owner is not the same address of the rental house. Is that a problem if the owner is registered at another house instead?

That could pose a problem online.

Copy of house book for your residence and Chanute may be required, along with owner's ID card.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ook said:

Hi AN Members, 

It's raining posts today... Contemplating to move to a new rental house and was wondering what documents are required for me to be able to register at the website of immigration office (Chaeng Wattana) for doing my own TM30 reports online?

- Copy (and signed) ID card of owner???

- Copy (and signed) Tabian baan of owner??? 

- Letter of consent?
- Rental Agreement?

A Zillion Thanks Guys,

Ook

You could try to register online as posessor, or ask your new landlord to register themselves as owner on the new website and then add your stay and print the pdf.  It only requires two documents, Owner housebook pages and Owner ID.  Once the address is in the system, then you or your landlord can report yourself.   I re-added my wifes house last week after a recent system upgrade made all old addresses invalid and "unclickable".   There was a pop-up screen on the site giving that direction or I wouldn't have known.

New URL: https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/login

Edited by Expat4life66

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Expat4life66 said:

You could try to register online as posessor, or ask your new landlord to register themselves as owner on the new website and then add your stay and print the pdf.  It only requires two documents, Owner housebook pages and Owner ID.  Once the address is in the system, then you or your landlord can report yourself.   I re-added my wifes house last week after a recent system upgrade made all old addresses invalid and "unclickable".   There was a pop-up screen on the site giving that direction or I wouldn't have known.

Interesting. I just checked on the website and my wife's house is still valid/usable.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Expat4life66 said:

Dear Mutt Daeng, Thanks for the answer. Can you clarify please if the tabian baan (house book) from owner needs to be the housebook from the house that I'm renting or should this be the housebook where the owner has his own residence/afddress? 

35 minutes ago, Ook said:

Dear Mutt Daeng, Thanks for the answer. Can you clarify please if the tabian baan (house book) from owner needs to be the housebook from the house that I'm renting or should this be the housebook where the owner has his own residence/afddress? 

You need to upload the address where your staying.

The problem being the owners ID card will have a different address.

Easily explained in person, but not online.

You will probably experience different requirements at each office.  The registered owner of my house does not have their name in the Tabien Baan (bizarrely there are no names in the book).  Their name is on the Channote though. I was eventually allowed to register TM30 myself but needed to produce:

Copy my passport.

Copy of my Usufruct Agreement.

Copy of the Tabien Baan for my house.

Copy of the Tabien Baan for the house where the registered owner lives.

Copy of the registered owner's ID card.

Original + Copy of the property's Channote

The copies of the registered owner's Tabien Baan and ID card had to be signed and include their telephone number.

• Like 1

If you have the owner complete the attached power of Attorney Form (attached) you as the possessor can then do your own TM30 reporting on line. Upload this with Owner's Tabien Baan, Owner ID Card, and a copy of the Lease. Copy of your Passport and Passport page showing you current 12 Month Visa (B, Non O, Non Oa etc. I don't think you need copy of Channote well at least here in Bangkok.  It took about 3 Days for this to get approved with me then I could  then complete TM30 report and have used successfully to report change of Passport Number and print out TM30 with new Passport number for extension of Non O.

Power-of-Attorney-Form.pdf

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, barryw52 said:

If you have the owner complete the attached power of Attorney Form (attached) you as the possessor can then do your own TM30 reporting on line.

You don't need a POA to register and submit a TM30.

You can submit it as the tenat or the possessor.

15 minutes ago, barryw52 said:

Upload this with Owner's Tabien Baan, Owner ID Card, and a copy of the Lease. Copy of your Passport and Passport page showing you current 12 Month Visa (B, Non O, Non Oa etc. I don't think you need copy of Channote well at least here in Bangkok.

The OP's problem is the owner is registered in a different book at a different address.
@MangoKorat gave good advice on documentation.

I fear two housebooks uploaded online will confuse Immigration and he may need to submit in person the first time to explain the situation.

1 hour ago, Ook said:

Already answered by @MangoKorat and @Liquorice.

dont know we are talking about the same thing here.

i just did it for my mom. she got non-o multi (because im working here and she is my mother)

i went to the website for registering my house. All i had to do was put ID copy / copy house book that was all. No need house contract or else. Actually if you go to the website you can see what you need by yourself. really no need to ask.

then to register the person all you need it to enter passport infos. they will accept all in few minutes.

bare in mind that you cannot print any of these documents for some reason. i suggest you to take photos of every step. just in case.

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

then to register the person all you need it to enter passport infos. they will accept all in few minutes.

My earlier post refers to a past registration.  I'm not sure if things are the same now or not but previously, Nakhon Ratchasima Immigration would not accept an online registration by someone who was not the registered owner. I had to do my initial registration in person and even then had problems because I wasn't the registered owner of the property. For a while they insisted that the owner had to visit them in person but I eventually got them to back down on that. It certainly wasn't accepted in minutes.

I think immigration in general now accept that the main point is just to get the registration done - whether that's by the owner or the occupier.  I will find out shortly as something went wrong/was changed during/after Covid. My registration no longer exists and I will have to do it all again - hopefully it will be a lot easier this time.

6 hours ago, Liquorice said:

I fear two housebooks uploaded online will confuse Immigration and he may need to submit in person the first time to explain the situation.

Agreed.  In such a situation, I wouldn't attempt doing it online. 

Once I got past the pedantic I.O at Korat and they accepted that I could register myself,  I was handed over to one of the students they have working there.  She spoke English fairly well and made things much easier.  I know it can be a PITA going in person (its 100km for me) but once its done you will have login details that you know will work.

They also seem to have specific staff that deal with TM30 so the OP might not have to join the usual immigration queue.

Another tip I would suggest.  If possible, take the device you intend to use to access your registration with, along with you. Before you leave the office, make sure you can actually login to your account. Much easier that trying to sort problems on the phone.

19 hours ago, barryw52 said:

If you have the owner complete the attached power of Attorney Form (attached) you as the possessor can then do your own TM30 reporting on line. Upload this with Owner's Tabien Baan, Owner ID Card, and a copy of the Lease. Copy of your Passport and Passport page showing you current 12 Month Visa (B, Non O, Non Oa etc. I don't think you need copy of Channote well at least here in Bangkok.  It took about 3 Days for this to get approved with me then I could  then complete TM30 report and have used successfully to report change of Passport Number and print out TM30 with new Passport number for extension of Non O.

Power-of-Attorney-Form.pdf 310.18 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the detailed info and attached form. Will go ahead like this!