Nieghborhood Safety:

philliphn

well, i live the big p, in soi 2, and its very nice and safe lots of hotels etc so plenty of security 24/7.

I travel down the beech road and most of the sois along there again have hotels and security so all along here i would say is afairly good area,

Now posh, i think it would be the hill and ive forgot its name, but its over the other side of the big pattaya sign something like royal hill i think?

now thats a nice area, but traveling around when youve had a drink, and its dark to get there you gotta go through some dodgy areas lots of gangs of lads and lasses on bikes gonna take ya cash!

for me the worst areas, gotta be anything over the skumvit road, night time is a free for all, if youre lucky enough to cross the road!

well i hope ya get sorted if ya looking for somewhere and btw 10/20% of motorcycle taxi driver are volunteer police and many have radios so get some where near a taxi stand is always gotta be better!

I am living in the Wong Amart area (north pattaya, Naklua Soi 18-16)

Even thou most people have the usual fences around their buildings and bars infront of windows, I have yet to hear that anyone on our road has been robbed.

I do consider this a quiet and pretty safe area, but you never know.... Back home I lived in the most expensive part of Copenhagen when a gang of pros decided to start helping people "move" and during 2 months time they emptied over 15 appartments with 3 of them in my building.

So security is what you make it. Keep your property well lit and dont leave expensive things lying in the wide open and you will be fine.

Same here. Wongamat is nice and I think, this area has a

big potential for growth. It is quiet and not far from the city. Many projects are under construction now and overall it is a cultivated place. Not too many strange creatures on the roads.