Rent in Thailand

So how much rent do you pay in Thailand (if any) I live in OZ now and haven't had any increase in 8 years. No, I am not complaining but people on AN don't believe me. Yes, everybody knows living in the West are more expansive than in Thailand but just look at my rent receipt this is for a 2-bedroom unit in a city of about 2.5 million. I do not live in the East but in the West. Let me add, my rent includes water rates my electric bill is just 90 AUD for 2 months. This is less what I paid in Thailand. OK here is my last bill.

Period:
17/06/2024 - 30/06/2024
Amount Paid $480.00

So, the conclusion is not everything is good in Thailand, my food bill is just about 90 AUD every 2 weeks yes, I am getting old. I do know people in the East have a heavy rent also in the West but there are some good places. So why everybody moves to Thailand? My pension is 1320 AUD per fortnight If I move back to LOS it will be cut down to about 880, I guess. I do not need sex or prostitutes. Commends 

15 minutes ago, still kicking said:

So how much rent do you pay in Thailand (if any) I live in OZ now and haven't had any increase in 8 years. No, I am not complaining but people on AN don't believe me. Yes, everybody knows living in the West are more expansive than in Thailand but just look at my rent receipt this is for a 2-bedroom unit in a city of about 2.5 million. I do not live in the East but in the West. Let me add, my rent includes water rates my electric bill is just 90 AUD for 2 months. This is less what I paid in Thailand. OK here is my last bill.

Period:
17/06/2024 - 30/06/2024
Amount Paid $480.00

So, the conclusion is not everything is good in Thailand, my food bill is just about 90 AUD every 2 weeks yes, I am getting old. I do know people in the East have a heavy rent also in the West but there are some good places. So why everybody moves to Thailand? My pension is 1320 AUD per fortnight If I move back to LOS it will be cut down to about 880, I guess. I do not need sex or prostitutes. Commends 

Why do you care? You life is sitting in a flat worrying about Thailand. Bragging about cheap rent without a photo means nothing. It could be a dump.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Why do you care? You life is sitting in a flat worrying about Thailand. Bragging about cheap rent without a photo means nothing. It could be a dump.

Hahaha This is my dump 

IMG_20200706_0004.jpg

Just now, susanlea said:

Thailand has hotel rooms for 400 baht a night. Free wifi, free daily cleaning. Pool and gym. Cheap food nearby (not tinned tuna like you eat).

Tinned tuna comes from Thailand try again 

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Don't you have a thai wife in Australia and who owns 2 properties. Not sure how rent hasn't gone up in 8 years in Australia. Maybe you have a nice landlord. Could be your wife. Not sure how your situation works but if it works for you it's all good I suppose.

Could be a share house. He pays half. Other pays half.

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Don't you have a thai wife in Australia and who owns 2 properties. Not sure how rent hasn't gone up in 8 years in Australia. Maybe you have a nice landlord. Could be your wife. Not sure how your situation works but if it works for you it's all good I suppose.

Yes, I have a Thai wife who owns 2 houses we do live separated due to taxation reasons 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Oh! I am jealous  , not  , food 90 dollars a fortnight , what you eating everyday  "beans on toast "  .

regards worgeordie

I do not eat beans on toast 

32 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Period:
17/06/2024 - 30/06/2024
Amount Paid $480.00

You are 78 years old and you are renting? What were you doing your entire life that you don't own a house! 😄Especially growing up in that era! Jesus! 😄

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Yes, I have a Thai wife who owns 2 houses we do live separated due to taxation reasons 

Living separately from the wife for taxation reasons. 😄 That's the biggest excuse I've ever heard for coping with the fact that your wife left you after you brought her over the border to Australia. 😄😄

• Agree 2

Just now, AnotherOneHere said:

Living separately from the wife for taxation reasons. 😄 That's the biggest excuse I've ever heard for coping with the fact that your wife left you after you brought her over the border to Australia. 😄😄

He does it to get a higher pension. Called cheating the system.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

He does it to get a higher pension. Called cheating the system.

Yeah, imagine working your ass of for 70 years and then ending up living completely alone for "taxation reasons" and "cheating the system". Guy is going place I'm hoping I will never end up. 😃

• Agree 2

Just now, AnotherOneHere said:

Yeah, imagine working your ass of for 70 years and then ending up living completely alone for "taxation reasons" and "cheating the system". Guy is going place I'm hoping I will never end up. 😃

Peanut butter on toast is nice though on your own.

8 minutes ago, AnotherOneHere said:

You are 78 years old and you are renting? What were you doing your entire life that you don't own a house! 😄Especially growing up in that era! Jesus! 😄

Wow I am 78 now 

2 minutes ago, AnotherOneHere said:

We all die though. 82 is about average for a male there. 

Where will you be at 78? Nobody unless really fit will enjoy 78 plus