Bamboo Furniture The Good Stuff

SDH

Hi All,

I'm looking for a factory that builds high quality Bamboo furniture (good stuff) I've seen the stuff for sale down by the Goodview going towards Rimping Condo (Bears Den) it's really sturdy and has padded cushions. Thing is I need it not put together yet.....So if anyone can help that would be great. :o:D:D

Thanks!!!!

SDH

Hi All,

I'm looking for a factory that builds high quality Bamboo furniture (good stuff) I've seen the stuff for sale down by the Goodview going towards Rimping Condo (Bears Den) it's really sturdy and has padded cushions. Thing is I need it not put together yet.....So if anyone can help that would be great. :o:D:D

Thanks!!!!

SDH

IMO the best bamboo furniture available anywhere is from Gerard. It's not cheap, but it's very nice. I think they might have a showroom on Nimmanhamin near Kasem Store.

http://www.thaibamboo.com/html/custom.html

I have never seen 'good' bamboo furniture at a reasonable price anywhere in the North...

Mostly, it looks nice but the construction is crap.. Sofa price starts around 10,000 baht..

The price of bamboo can't be compared to the price of any wood, yet it's overpriced in furniture, in my opinion.

Hi All,

Thanks!!!!

SDH

At what stage of disassembly do you want it. Bamboo furniture normally comes assembled otherwise you'll have miles of bamboo.

aad.thumb.jpg

Edited by Blinky Bill

The price of bamboo can't be compared to the price of any wood, yet it's overpriced in furniture, in my opinion.

How right you are...The stuff can be bought for almost free yet the furniture costs a pile :D ??? Wonder why :o ??

I think it's quite possible that their may not be enough factories to produce this stuff or the ones that do are price fixing. I don't have a problem with price fixing it just leaves the door open to entrepreneurship, however I'm not at all interested in building bamboo furniture 555555555.

Anyway thanks for the help!

At what stage of disassembly do you want it. Bamboo furniture normally comes assembled otherwise you'll have miles of bamboo.

I wanted it at the stage just prior to slapping it together....What I want to do is stuff a container of the furniture and ship it. I'm thinking that as you pay by the cubic meter a person may want to optimize the container.

Thanks for your help!!!!! :o

I wanted it at the stage just prior to slapping it together....What I want to do is stuff a container of the furniture and ship it. I'm thinking that as you pay by the cubic meter a person may want to optimize the container.

Mostly I see the small factories making the stuff only a bit at a time.. I don't see them making parts for more than one piece of furniture at a time.. Sorry

Un assembled bamboo furniture may not be a good possibility because pieces are all hand fitted during assembly since they are not a uniform size. Then you may have shrinkage and you will have assembly and finishing at high costs which may be greater than any freight savings.

Edited by Bill97

prefer the look of Water Hyacinth myself

That's the ugliest furniture I've seen lately.. :o

Then you haven't seen this yet have you...

Ah, the infamous Austhaied Love Settee, with built in Vibra-massage..... :D

I have just started full-on production and am calling it the Sayuri (after the character in Memoirs of a Geisha).. :D

I tend to agree with Ajarn.. Bamboo is a crap material for anything that you want durable. It's just about right to use as scaffolding that then gets taken down again. But to pay good money for something made out of bamboo... . . That's just nuts.

prefer the look of Water Hyacinth myself

Then you haven't seen this yet have you...

Ah, the infamous Austhaied Love Settee, with built in Vibra-massage..... :D

something you 2 guys not telling us? :D

so YOU own the factory then? :D:D

Okay thanks everyone for the help, from the posts I think it's a terrible idea and my friends that were going to receive this stuff as gifts can go out and buy some crapola in Canada.....Better for me to send some shiny beads 555555555555!! The friends were here in CM and saw some, then on their return to Vancouver wanted it sent there at my cost of course (ah friendship).

Thanks,

SDH