Any Photos Please

joeuk1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats realy great Loy thank you for the photos , do you dig out the ponds yourself or do you have someone come do them for you ? .

Anymore future plans for your land or new ponds ? how much land do you have and what is average rai size of the ponds ?

Sorry for so many questions i just love to see land with ponds .

JB

post-33898-1185786041.jpgpost-33898-1185786049.jpg post-33898-1185786063_thumb.jpg

post-33898-1185787279_thumb.jpgpost-33898-1185787290_thumb.jpg

post-33898-1185788019_thumb.jpgpost-33898-1185787987_thumb.jpg

Hi !

Ponds refeel only rain water ,no have any oxygenate.

Farm is 2,5 km away my house just midlle of the village rice feelds.

All the basic information I got here in this THAI VISA forum so THANKS VERY MUCH FOLKS :o

post-33898-1185788501_thumb.jpg

Edited by loy2

Hi Loy2

Nice pictures, do you get some discount from Centagro for advertising there feed :o

if that the case, you can also get that from me :D

Regards

Sorry !

I make many mistekes on my photous advertising Kobelko meccos and Hino lorrys also.

My farm keeper has Rolex on the left hand too. :D

Hi Loy2

Nice pictures, do you get some discount from Centagro for advertising there feed :o

if that the case, you can also get that from me :D

Regards

Sorry !

I make many mistekes on my photous advertising Kobelko meccos and Hino lorrys also.

My farm keeper has Rolex on the left hand too. :D

Hi Loy2

Rolex......Can I get a job at your place???thumbsup.gif...

I only have a Timex......cheesy.gif

Regards.

Tilapia, after the pond has been dug, how long do you leave it to bake before putting water in?

Hi Saxy

Normaly I dig my ponds just before the rain-season, let the pond rest for some month until there is grass on the slopes, if you put fish in your pond when it is new, then a heavy rain can kill many of your fish, because of the fresh soil running back into the pond and make the water muddy, and decrease the oxygen level dramaticly.

Regards

Pity you guys have to wear watches.

Yeah, life sucks, I dont have the luxery of being retiredsad.gif, I'm in my prime,biggrin.gif so I still need to preform, for the next 18 years, then I can think about relaxing or being broke, that is also an optionwink.gif

Regards.

Tilapia, after the pond has been dug, how long do you leave it to bake before putting water in?

Hi Saxy

Normaly I dig my ponds just before the rain-season, let the pond rest for some month until there is grass on the slopes, if you put fish in your pond when it is new, then a heavy rain can kill many of your fish, because of the fresh soil running back into the pond and make the water muddy, and decrease the oxygen level dramaticly.

Regards

We have a nice Thread going here :o .

Many people like myself enjoy living beside water , this is becoming a good thread to learn how fish are kept and ponds are made in Thailand good education .I will be looking to stock our main lake with big fish for my own enjoyment and fishing a half a dozen of those 10 kilo catfish and collection of nice size other fish will give great sport .

Happy days .

JB

Hi Saxy

Regards

Thanks Tilapia :o

Pity you guys have to wear watches.

Yeah, life sucks, I dont have the luxery of being retiredsad.gif, I'm in my prime,biggrin.gif so I still need to preform, for the next 18 years, then I can think about relaxing or being broke, that is also an optionwink.gif

Regards.

hey, tilapia

hope you get there, but in my experience, relaxing = broke! i think im gonna go for a compromise: say, broke but relaxed, that way i dont have to "think too much"!

cheers

frikkie

How you pond folks avoiding being robbed lets say over night or at a time you are not looking?!

The only reason why I didn't stock up my pond and let it kinda natural.

If your land is not fenced in, or the pond is some way from the house, then you can put some barb-wire in the pond, the people who are trying to steal your fish will get there nets ripped to pieces, and give up quickly, nets are expensive for average people.

Regards

How you pond folks avoiding being robbed lets say over night or at a time you are not looking?!

The only reason why I didn't stock up my pond and let it kinda natural.

If your land is not fenced in, or the pond is some way from the house, then you can put some barb-wire in the pond, the people who are trying to steal your fish will get there nets ripped to pieces, and give up quickly, nets are expensive for average people.

Regards

Or you can use some bambuu sticks for same purpoce if not hire a quardian sleep over night what I do for the family mens

Edited by loy2

Tilapia, What water depth will you have in the new pond .??

Hi Ozzy

I do all my ponds at 2 meters deep, the ground water here is very high, so in most cases it will fill up by it-self.

Regards

Very interesting topic and nice pictures!

I haven't searched on this, but was curious if anyone lined their ponds (side or bottom)

with plastic or some other material to keep the water clear or if it would help keep the water

levels higher?

Also, do your ponds dry up during the dry season at 2 - 3 meters deep?