How many days for a Thailand trip?

2 weeks minimum. It's low season now, which helps...but hardly ever seems it in BKK & Pattaya. GOOGLE some of the quiet "kohs" (islands). Chiang Mai is always excellent. Chiang Rai, Mae Hongson. Avoid Phuket...at least Patong Beach. Krabi is a possibility. Kanchanaburi also...depending on the topography you prefer. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Need more info on your likes/dislikes as Thailand has a multitude of various types of environment.  Mountains, waterfalls, beaches, islands clear/unclear water, accessability (some motorbike only in remote areas), Bangkok night life or Pattaya bars, Bangkok shopping, tours of temples...etc  advise, then we can tailor a trip (length) and various acty you seem to enjoy.

Somewhere quiet?

You'll end bored as hell.

First time, a month.

Bangkok (3 days),Pattaya(21 days), and a short visit to Koh Chang(5 days).

Despite what some may say,Pattaya is a blast and I know many people who have dreaded leaving, only to extend there stay.

Bring plenty of money, Thailand isn't cheap!  At least 100.00 US daily not including hotel if you want to enjoy your holiday.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, ravip said:

Where is this? Looks nice.

Anywhere in TH, 5 minutes away from the last 7-11, or right behind it :coffee1:

Some folks really do need to leave the bar stool.  Not directed at ravip, but to whom ever who think BKK, Patts, HH & CM metro is TH.

Winding up a loop around the North, short, but very nice; landscapes & coffee shops :cheesy:

Straight up R&R from that stressful retirement :coffee1:

If you have time I’d say 3 weeks. Ordinarily, tourists spend 2 weeks. When my niece came, met her in Bangkok and took her around the usual, Grand Palace, wat Arun, wat Pho. River trip to Ayuthaya for a day. Then flew to Chiang Mai, more temples ,  the White  temple and Doi Inthanon.  2 days in Sukhothai which was the most appreciated. Flew to Phuket . Then went to Krabi and Railay beach. 
Then to Koh Chang for the best swimming, islands snorkeling , great seafood on the beach, lots of long nature walks.and National park. She loved it there. I’ve spent a lot of time there, love it. And no crowds no big hotels and chill. 
We went direct from there to the airport by local taxi. Great service. 

On 6/21/2024 at 1:44 PM, Conan The Barbarian said:

How many days for a Thailand trip? 

28 days, 6 times a year. 

That's my rotation, I work offshore, it's perfect. 

On 6/21/2024 at 1:44 PM, Conan The Barbarian said:

suggest to me places which are locally known in Thailand

Get yourself a rental car, find a friend (female), drive, drive, drive. 

Hotels are cheap, travel around, nothing will disappoint you, just steer clear of some of the foreigners. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1