Line app. How to 'Leave' a chat? (not group chat)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all LINE users. I need advice, about the ''search'' function. whilst on a chat with one friend, i entered BANK at the search function ( i was trying to locate bank details this friend sent to me).. Instead of listing only the chats with the word 'bank' the app listed 100% of our chats.i started deleting some of this. but i think i am on the wrong track. i removed the word 'bank' from the search function and keyed in the search function again.  nothing changed. now i cannot continue with my chat. (this only applies to this one friend. how to reverse the results of a search? many thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Left sweep and delete?

thanks. I tried that. for a few lines, more old charts got listed. let's say i am a ''nervous nelly''. Swiping and deleting - might that not delete the original chats,, which are important to me.  ( i'm asking on behalf of a friend's g/f ) 🙂 

Edited by paddypower
spell

extra question: when i get a notification of a new incoming chat /message (Line, Whats App, etc) is the only way to reduce the notification sound by turning off the volume button ?