TM30 Options Help Request

Dear All

As a frequent visitor to Thailand I admit I am surprised to be having to ask for help on this topic.  But I have spent many mind-numbing hours sitting in the Immigration office (often on the day after a long-haul flight).  I have also sometimes used the online reporting option - sometimes successfully, but not always, and never without having to decipher incomprehensible error messages and spending hours doing so. 

So please tell me if and how I can complete my TM30 by post.  (I have a Yellow House book and of course that would make me the "master" as well as an alien who should be logged as visiting the Kingdom.)  Many thanks in advance. 

16 hours ago, tomdfc said:

Dear All

As a frequent visitor to Thailand I admit I am surprised to be having to ask for help on this topic.  But I have spent many mind-numbing hours sitting in the Immigration office (often on the day after a long-haul flight).  I have also sometimes used the online reporting option - sometimes successfully, but not always, and never without having to decipher incomprehensible error messages and spending hours doing so. 

According to the new TM30 regulations, which repealed section 38 of the Immigration Act, there is no requirement to file a further TM30 if you're returning to your already registered permanent address and your permission of stay has not ended (re-entry permit) then there is no longer a requirement to refile a new TM30.

TM30 reporting regulation (Eng).pdf 

2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again.

If your permission of stay ended on departure or whilst overseas, then you should file a new TM30 on re-entering.

16 hours ago, tomdfc said:

So please tell me if and how I can complete my TM30 by post.  (I have a Yellow House book and of course that would make me the "master" as well as an alien who should be logged as visiting the Kingdom.)  Many thanks in advance. 

EMS self-addressed envelope for return of TM30 receipt.

Depending on if you own a Condo or rent, you should consider submitting the following documents

1. Completed form TM30.

2. Passport + Copies of;

- Passport homepage.

- Last Visa.

- Last extension.

- Last entry stamp.

3. Map pinpointing and detailing place of residence.

4. Signed Copy of House owners Tabien Baan. (Yelow House book alternative)

5. Signed Copy of House owners ID card. (Pink ID card alternative)

6. Condo owners should supply Chanute, or,

7. Rental Agreement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Depending on if you own a Condo or rent, you should consider submitting the following documents

1. Completed form TM30.

2. Passport + Copies of;

- Passport homepage.

- Last Visa.

- Last extension.

- Last entry stamp.

7. Rental Agreement.

No way would I be posting my Passport for a TM30 (I've read it takes 2 to 4 weeks to get a postal TM30 receipt back)

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Liquorice said:

According to the new TM30 regulations, which repealed section 38 of the Immigration Act, there is no requirement to file a further TM30 if you're returning to your already registered permanent address and your permission of stay has not ended (re-entry permit) then there is no longer a requirement to refile a new TM30.

TM30 reporting regulation (Eng).pdf 41.16 kB · 4 downloads  

2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again.

If your permission of stay ended on departure or whilst overseas, then you should file a new TM30 on re-entering.

EMS self-addressed envelope for return of TM30 receipt.

1. Completed form TM30.

2. Passport + Copies of;

- Passport homepage.

- Last Visa.

- Last extension.

- Last entry stamp.

7. Rental Agreement.

My wife and I recently renewed our non OA visas at Samui Immigration. Previously, regardless of staying in hotels and returning to our home, we never had to do TM 30's each time on our return. This time we were told that," your wife stayed at a hotel for 1 night in 2023 and you stayed 1 night in Hua Hin in March 2024 therefore you need to make new TM 30's". This is even though we returned to our home address each time,( lived here for 10 years ). So pick the bones out of that one!!!

On 6/27/2024 at 10:38 AM, tomdfc said:

Dear All

Fill in the TM30 form – you can download it – and mail it to your local immigration office. Needs to be done within 24 hours from arrival to the reported address.

Returning to a n earlier registered address might depend of the rules at your local immigration office. Some places – for example where I live – the office insists on a new TM30 registration after travelling abroad. And also if one has been registered in another address outside of the province, for example in a hotel. You need to check with your local immigration office about what they demands.

1 hour ago, CFCol said:

My wife and I recently renewed our non OA visas at Samui Immigration.

You extended your permission of stay. Your Non O-A visas expired on the 'enter before' date of the visa.

1 hour ago, CFCol said:

Previously, regardless of staying in hotels and returning to our home, we never had to do TM 30's each time on our return. This time we were told that," your wife stayed at a hotel for 1 night in 2023 and you stayed 1 night in Hua Hin in March 2024 therefore you need to make new TM 30's". This is even though we returned to our home address each time,( lived here for 10 years ). So pick the bones out of that one!!!

Folk make the assumption that all IO's are competent and familiar with all their own orders and regulations - they are not!

I had my first encounter with my IO around 12 months after the new TM30 regulations were posted.
They had never seen the new regulations, or so they claimed. It came as a surprise to them.
After supplying them with a copy, they now follow that regulation.

Don't be afraid to challenge them if you have evidence to the contrary from their understanding.

• Thumbs Up 1