Non-O financial requirement question

I am soon about to put in application to extend Non-O , ive had over 400,000 in bank for over two months, but earlier today transfered out to another avcount I have here some and went down to 384,000, transferred back straight away as soon as realized mistake but it was under 400k for about 5 minutes, will there be any lenience on that or am I doomed to have to do another visa run due to my own stupidity?

8 minutes ago, Tingnongnoi said:

yes based on marriage and will apply at Chaeng Wattana

If immigration will not accept your financials then you have 2 options.

Use both accounts assuming they are Thai and in your name only

Or obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

If immigration will not accept your financials then you have 2 options.

Use both accounts assuming they are Thai and in your name only

Or obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife

yes both accounts are mine, I usually transfer 30k from one to other to use for everyday expenses as soon as my wages go in, stupidly didn't check after received wage slip that had gone into account.

So I can extend for 60 days at Chaeng Wattana, and then extend that for the rest of a year?

1 minute ago, Tingnongnoi said:

So I can extend for 60 days at Chaeng Wattana, and then extend that for the rest of a year?

If you have not used the 60 days to visit wife previously then yes.

And yes you can apply for the 12 month extension prior to expiry of the 60 day permit. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you have not used the 60 days to visit wife previously then yes.

And yes you can apply for the 12 month extension prior to expiry of the 60 day permit. 

no im just currently coming up to two months on original 90 days, so would be first time doing 60 days. Do you need the same paperwork to extend for 60 days as you would for yearly?

On 6/28/2024 at 7:54 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, some immigration offices are red hot on it.

So you mention 400k assume you are obtaining extension based on marriage? 

Yes, I have a friend that recently moved his money to a another account within the two months maturity-period, he was rejected.

On 6/28/2024 at 12:43 PM, Tingnongnoi said:

I am soon about to put in application to extend Non-O , ive had over 400,000 in bank for over two months, but earlier today transfered out to another avcount I have here some and went down to 384,000, transferred back straight away as soon as realized mistake but it was under 400k for about 5 minutes, will there be any lenience on that or am I doomed to have to do another visa run due to my own stupidity?

So long as you can show the 400k seasoned for 2 months it dosen't matter how many bank accounts it's spread over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tingnongnoi said:
7 hours ago, khunPer said:

Yes, I have a friend that recently moved his money to a another account within the two months maturity-period, he was rejected.

was the other account another Thai account?

Yes, moved from one Thai bank account to another, in same bank on same day.

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

Yes, moved from one Thai bank account to another, in same bank on same day.

Were history-statements + the owner-statement for both accounts from the bank provided?   That would be 4 different signed/stamped printouts from the bank - 2 for each account. 

If they were provided, then this denial was wrong.  But, given how some Immigration offices hate marriage-based extensions, I am not surprised.

• Like 1

obtaining a 60 day extn, which is a one time thing per entry excluding re-entry permit entries, will not leave it in the bank so to speak, just in case something goes wrong in the future, as all your future entries will be re-entry permit entries, so try for the 2 bank method for the 400,000thb and use the 60 day extn as a back up

• Like 1