Negative Stereotypes About Thai Women in Relationships with Foreigners

Alpha84

6 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

just wrong expectations and disappointment later on

I know it is mostly up to me, to make the right decisions. 

It is not the women's fault, and thats why you will not see me complaining about Thai women

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

you will not see me complaining about Thai women

yet  35 minutes ago you wrote...

Those who have something positive to say about Thai women is:

Either stupid or Blind

Or both in combination

So you won't complain about Thai women ,  but have a very low opinion of those who have something positive to say about them. 

3 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

How many Thai men are you friends with that act like well adjusted, mature adults? 

Somewhere between twenty and thirty. 

I also know a few genuine headcases. 

You remind me of a balloon I met who was an expert on Thailand who realised that after six years in the country he didn't have a single Thai male friend. Not one. 

Feel free to go on a Thai man no good rant. The forum is running short of lonely little men spouting an utter crap. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Old, bitter, single, small pension; guess it is possible. 

Even when old and single with a small pension it would be possible in theory at least  to live a relatively happy life, but if bitterness creeps in then its a completely different story and no amount of money will help, 

• Thanks 1

I've gotta run off now and be lonely. But this yarn looks like it will run at least 10 pages. It's got some meat on the bone. But still not as good as other such captivating topics as toothpaste caps, awful Thai beer brands, delayed ejaculation, or how to avoid getting rolled for your Rolex. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, theblether said:

You remind me of a balloon I met who was an expert on Thailand who realised that after six years in the country he didn't have a single Thai male friend. Not one. 

Well I've been here 6X longer and I still can't buy one either. 

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Even when old and single with a small pension it would be possible in theory at least  to live a relatively happy life, but if bitterness creeps in then its a completely different story and no amount of money will help, 

Sounds like you've described 90% of AN posters. Add in mental illness too. I have never been on any other forum where so many appeared to be in such a sad cognitive state. 

5 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Well I've been here 6X longer and I still can't buy one either. 

That is a staggering admission, so painful I'm contemplating being nice to you. 

I can recommend a good psychiatrist in CM but he can't cure personality disorders. 

Shall I pm you his number? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Any foreigner that tells you they got lots of Thai male friends or that they talk deeply with Thai male friends about personal topics, such as the relationship they have their wife, always raises both eyebrows. 

Please note that in your earlier post you asked "how many Thai men are you friends with who act like well adjusted mature adults." Your question implies that well-adjusted Thai males are hard to find which is an ignorant and offensive supposition.

If you haven't been able to make any inroads with Thai men, the first place I would look is your language skills. The second thing I would examine is your expectations about the nature of friendships with Thai males. Sounds like a big part of the problem is that you are trying to impose your cultural norm expectations on your relationships which is a recipe for disappointment in Thailand.  By the way, how often do you talk about personal topics with foreign men, whether here or back home? Half the time when you do so with foreign men, you end up regretting it because the confidence is ultimately betrayed.

Thai men don't bond and build relationships in the same way that foreign men do. I would say relationships with Thai men are mainly based on helping one another by sharing know-how or lending a helping hand, daily interactions, shared laughter about everyday situations, brief encounters built up over time which gradually break down barriers through mutual displays of respect and appreciation. I have become convinced that making  "friendship" the primary goal with everyone may not necessarily be smart. In recent years, I have become more focused on trying to build a sense of community in my village, which seems to be providing a sturdier foundation for stronger friendship bonds as well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, theblether said:

That is a staggering admission, so painful I'm contemplating being nice to you. 

I can recommend a good psychiatrist in CM but he can't cure personality disorders. 

Shall I pm you his number? 

Thank you for your kind offer, but no. I have worked so hard to develop my personality disorder and I certainly don't want to lose it. It took me years of responding to inane data-dumping posts from hopeless tossers like you to get it. 

2 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Please note that in your earlier post you asked "how many Thai men are you friends with who act like well adjusted mature adults." Your question implies that well-adjusted Thai males are hard to find which is an ignorant and offensive supposition.

If you haven't been able to make any inroads with Thai men, the first place I would look is your language skills. The second thing I would examine is your expectations about the nature of friendships with Thai males. Sounds like a big part of the problem is that you are trying to impose your cultural norm expectations on your relationships which is a recipe for disappointment in Thailand.  By the way, how often do you talk about personal topics with foreign men, whether here or back home? Half the time when you do so with foreign men, you end up regretting it because the confidence is ultimately betrayed.

Thai men don't bond and build relationships in the same way that foreign men do. I would say relationships with Thai men are mainly based on helping one another by sharing know-how or lending a helping hand, daily interactions, shared laughter about everyday situations, brief encounters built up over time which gradually break down barriers through mutual displays of respect and appreciation. I have become convinced that making  "friendship" the primary goal with everyone may not necessarily be smart. In recent years, I have become more focused on trying to build a sense of community in my village, which seems to be providing a sturdier foundation for stronger friendship bonds as well. 

Well, that was fabulously enlightening. I think you've just changed my life. 

14 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Well, that was fabulously enlightening. I think you've just changed my life. 

It was written for the benefit of others who might be struggling with this problem as well. I don't sense that you are very open to self-reflection, as you took all of 30 seconds to reflect upon the insights I was gracious enough to share. The phrase "pearls before swine" comes to mind.

Edited by Gecko123

What a total bunch of mongrels. Everyone is an expert on someone else sitting behind a keyboard that they have never met. This is all great stuff though. I need more of this assumptive, conjecture based anecdotal rubbish to make my lonely days (without having any Thai male friends) more complete. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RSD1 said:

What a total bunch of mongrels. Everyone is an expert on someone else sitting behind a keyboard that they have never met. This is all great stuff though. I need more of this assumptive, conjecture based anecdotal rubbish to make my lonely days (without having any Thai male friends) more complete. 

That clicking sound is the sound of people putting you on their ignore lists.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

It was written for the benefit of others who might be struggling with this problem as well. I don't sense that you are very open to self-reflection, and you took all of 1 minute to reflect about the insights gathered over 20 years which I was gracious enough to share. The phrase "pearls before swine" comes to mind.

No, I am fully blessed that you are sharing your deep wisdom and insights (earned over 20 years) with me when I don't even deserve it. It will lead to hours of personal introspection for me. How can I ever repay you?

2 hours ago, Alpha84 said:

Another stereotype is that Thai women are submissive or passive in relationships. Hard to imagine that is true across the board either. Thai society appears fairly diverse so I assume that so are many of the Thai women as well. I'll bet there are plenty who are assertive, independent, and equal partners in their relationships. In fact, I've also read stereotypes about Thai women saying the complete opposite and that they're aggressive, sometimes even violent, and emotionally immature and unstable. So I've seen two stereotypes that contradict each other. I assume both have some degree of accuracy, but I'm wondering which is the more dominant stereotype in daily reality. 

There is an Alpha in every relationship in Thailand. If you are not the Alpha, then she will do it.

Apart from that, there are maybe 10 million Thai women in an acceptable age range. They are not all the same. That shouldn't surprise anybody. 

• Agree 2

Negative stereotype? You mean the significant majority of anyone with a thai girlfriend or wife. It are rare exceptions to see real love + matching ages + lasting 5 years or longer here. Let alone if saying 7-10 years, it might be 0.50% of all of them.

I wonder what it is here on this forum, with the incredible amounts of ignorance. This while many lived here for decades, under a stone I guess (their wives). If I was wrong on this, it would not even have been a subject, as nobody would experienced onlookers or cliche's.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Thank you for your kind offer, but no. I have worked so hard to develop my personality disorder and I certainly don't want to lose it. It took me years of responding to inane data-dumping posts from hopeless tossers like you to get it. 

Oòh, Touchy. 

And you wonder why you don't have any pals?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

yet  35 minutes ago you wrote...

Those who have something positive to say about Thai women is:

Either stupid or Blind

Or both in combination

So you won't complain about Thai women ,  but have a very low opinion of those who have something positive to say about them. 

That's the nature of the forum when you claim you have a great relationship with a Thai woman, and the irony behind my first statement. 

I claim I have a great relationship and I'm happy to build in her name in her village 5min away from her family. 

Try it and then try to share your positive experiences 😉👉😁

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

That's the nature of the forum when you claim you have a great relationship with a Thai woman, and the irony behind my first statement. 

I claim I have a great relationship and I'm happy to build in her name in her village 5min away from her family. 

Try it and then try to share your positive experiences 😉👉😁

I live immediately adjacent to her family Sister in law and her family  on one side and two brothers in law and their families on the other side  and since the death of the father in law around  8 years ago the mother in law lives with us in our house.

No problems at all to be honest,   Plenty of positives too but I can't say I feel any inclination to share any of them on this forum.  I leave that sort of thing to the facebook generation 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Good point. I also share this attitude. Don't expect rural thai girl/woman to discuss characters of "Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy", cook French delicacies and do what Jeanna Jameson did during her heydays.

She cook great international food, even Quiches 😋