Thailand's Airports Reach Record Highs with 52.16 Million Passengers

webfact

19 hours ago, Bobydog said:

Is that all Arrivals or does it include departures as well. Lol

So if I arrive in Bangkok, visit, then fly onto Samui or Phuket, then back to Bangkok, and then home does that mean they count my one holiday as 4 flights out of their numbers?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, geisha said:

So if I arrive in Bangkok, visit, then fly onto Samui or Phuket, then back to Bangkok, and then home does that mean they count my one holiday as 4 flights out of their numbers?

The thread is about flights in and out of Thailand's airports, not about visitors holiday travel arrangements. So, IMO it would count as 4 flights.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, geisha said:

Would you be a "passenger" passing through airports, or not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Bad for Thailand itself as the hordes destroy the environment and the beaches.

Indeed, but damage control is another issue.

Personally I think ambitious targets are being used to help push the changes through, without any real expectation of being met in the immediate future. Passenger numbers and tourists are not one and the same, if alternative GDP revenue can be generated the latter becomes less significant.

I had a walk round the new station at Bang Sue a few days ago, quite impressive and so large it looked deserted. Even signs up for the HSR but that area blocked off, nothing wrong with a bit of forward thinking.

On 7/5/2024 at 9:56 AM, kuzmabruk said:

Anybody bored and able to do the math?

in 2019 (pre-covid) the number of international arrivals in the YEAR was 39 million.  48.95 for 6-months would equate to 97.9 million in the year.  That is more than 20%, using my mental calculator.  

Thailand is now #1

Top 10 Most Visited Countries in the World (All Time)
  1. France. France tops the list with 89.4 million arrivals. ... 
  2. Spain. Spain rose to second place with 83.7 million arrivals. ... 
  3. United States. ... 
  4. China. ... 
  5. Italy. ... 
  6. Turkey. ... 
  7. Mexico. ... 
  8. Thailand.

Yes absolutely correct but that is what the authorities here always do in Thailand, its pie in the sky stuff but it feeds their ego's!! I was only repeating what they published and they are claiming 48.95m international arrivals. 

On 7/6/2024 at 6:00 AM, geisha said:

I wouldn't put it past them, most figures produced come out of a local area where the sun doesn't shine.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

I wouldn't put it past them, most figures produced come out of a local area where the sun doesn't shine.

Of course that's what it means, the measurement was passenger trips, not the number of tourists!

• Agree 2

On 7/5/2024 at 3:23 AM, webfact said:

efforts of AOT and the Ministry of Transport

Maybe the Minister should do something about the road death toll, then maybe less would go home in a box. He always bangs on about Airports, I'm still amazed that Thailand even has a Transport Minister.