Where Can I Buy...

Meg_2003

Walking near VC hotel near Walking St, Theres a lot of Muslim shops with people smoking Bongs outside..

I recently tried it and have fallen in love with the stuff.. Does anyone know where I can buy a bong in Pattaya? Ive looked all around that area and cant see any shops actually selling them..

Would also like to know the actual proper names for them and also what it is thats put in them?? It smells/tastes really nice..

Thanks in advance for any help!! :o

I don't think the camel jockeys call those pipes bongs, but maybe I'm wrong.

I was in Mikes Shopping Mall a couple of days ago and saw a few at the immediate top of the 1st escalator.

If you have no luck just hit Arab town.

Good luck

Are you talking about a water-pipe - hubble-bubble?

Hookah is Indian derivation

Nargile is Egyptian

Shisha is Arabic

(Rough areas - the words are interchangeable)

I do not smoke at all - but I have been told by both smokers and doctors that this is the stongest dose of all the bad things in tobacco that one can have.

In Iran there used to be slices of apple placed with the burning wad, but don't know elsewhere, as the other places I have seen it used were not as friendly as the Iranians.

The pipe has one name and the stuff you smoke is called shisha (or something like that). If you ask about shisha at an Arab restaurant you might have more success. It is not just tobacco, it is a combination of herbs as well that gives the taste.

From Wikipedia :

A hookah (Hindustani: हुक़्क़ा / حقّہ huqqa) is a multi-stemmed, often glass-based, water pipe device for smoking; originating in India,[1][2] it gained fame in the Arab World when it traveled from Persia to Arabia. A hookah operates by water-filtration and indirect heat. It can be used for smoking many substances, such as herbal fruits and tobacco. Depending on locality, hookahs are known as other names, such as a shisha/sheesha, water pipe, nargeela/nargile/narghile/nargileh/narguilé, argeela/arghileh/arguilé, okka, kalyan, gewat suckre, or ghelyoon/ghalyan. Many of these names are of Arab, Indian, Turkish, Uzbek, or Persian origin. Narghile (نارگيله) is from the Persian word nārgil (نارگیل) or "coconut", and in Sanskrit nārikela (नारीकेल) and it was made out of coconut shells.[3] Shisha (شيشة) is from the Persian word shishe (شیشه, literally translated as glass and not bottle). Hashish (حشيش) is an Arabic word for grass, which may have been another way of saying tobacco. Another source states, "In early Arabic texts, the term hashish referred not only to cannabis resin but also to the dried leaves or flower heads and sweetmeats made with them".[4] Hookah itself may stem from Arabic uqqa, meaning small box, pot, or jar. Both names refer to the original methods of constructing the smoke/water chamber part of the hookah.

However, looking at several American suppliers' web-sites, they seem to call the stuff you put in the bowl 'Shisha'.

So there you are - something to learn every day.

Thankyou so much for your replies Kurgen, Humphrey Bear & Chang_paarp, I really appreciate it..

Ive looked up 'Shisha' on Ebay and there is alot listed on there, So if I have no luck finding any in Pattaya, I can always buy it from Ebay...

Would still appriciate it if anyone knows where sells them in Pattaya, Ill stop by at Mikes when Im next in town, Kurgen..

:o

There is a small shop on soi Yamoto, the soi next to soi post office, on the left hand side as you walk towards the beach. They are selling decorative pieces but also have some very nice looking water pipes, cost around 15,000Baht if I remember right.

You could also just go around the bars and ask if they will sell you one.

Thankyou for that ZZZ, Ill keep it in mind! I think Ill go for a cheaper one first, and if I like it, get a better one later...

After having a look on E-bay, I found some very nice looking ones, 35" tall, rotating, for only 2,500 baht with the shipping.. I figured I probably wouldnt be able to find one that cheap here so I got one from there...

Anyone know where I can buy the actual Shisha stuff? :o They do have it on ebay but it would be more convenient to buy it here. I suppose I could just buy it straight from those shops at walking st.

Thankyou again all for the replies.. Im new at all of this 'Shisha' stuff :D

There are recipes on the web how to make it. Molasses, tobacco and apples I think.

You can buy from the bars in Arab district, they sell it for smoking in their bars so they will most likely sell it to take away as well, for the same prise at smoking it there.

Thankyou for that ZZZ, Ill keep it in mind! I think Ill go for a cheaper one first, and if I like it, get a better one later...

After having a look on E-bay, I found some very nice looking ones, 35" tall, rotating, for only 2,500 baht with the shipping.. I figured I probably wouldnt be able to find one that cheap here so I got one from there...

Anyone know where I can buy the actual Shisha stuff? :o They do have it on ebay but it would be more convenient to buy it here. I suppose I could just buy it straight from those shops at walking st.

Thankyou again all for the replies.. Im new at all of this 'Shisha' stuff :D

Can you let us know how you got on with the shipping from the E-bay seller please? I've heard of problems from friends over the years with getting things in to Thailand that are shipped. I have also had many problems with the Thai post offices with them charging ridiculous custom charges and also storage fees for items shipped in through the post office to me that I didn't have the funds to pay the customs duty that day and had to return at a later date to pay to get the package out of hock. I've also had them charge me for storage and customs on items shipped in to me that I knew nothing about them coming in at all and the post office wouldn't even allow me to check the contents before I paid the customs. Of course, there were times that I received these items that were donated to my charity that were useless, and cost me money anyway. I would like to know the details of the condition of the "pipe" when it gets here, which post office it comes in to, and what they charged you at the post office. Thanks in advance for the info. :D

Can you let us know how you got on with the shipping from the E-bay seller please? I've heard of problems from friends over the years with getting things in to Thailand that are shipped. I have also had many problems with the Thai post offices with them charging ridiculous custom charges and also storage fees for items shipped in through the post office to me that I didn't have the funds to pay the customs duty that day and had to return at a later date to pay to get the package out of hock. I've also had them charge me for storage and customs on items shipped in to me that I knew nothing about them coming in at all and the post office wouldn't even allow me to check the contents before I paid the customs. Of course, there were times that I received these items that were donated to my charity that were useless, and cost me money anyway. I would like to know the details of the condition of the "pipe" when it gets here, which post office it comes in to, and what they charged you at the post office. Thanks in advance for the info. :D

Hi Jeepholt..

Ive had alot of items sent to me through the mail.. Alot of small packages from the US and UK which were items I bought from Ebay, nothing big and heavy but never had any problems with them, they were delivered straight to my gate by the postman.. If the package is a larger package, and the postman can't bring it, He will usually bring me a pink slip, and Ill have to pay about 7 baht per package at the post office to pick it up from there..

I HAVE however had a friend in the US send me some jewellery for my birthday. I think he put a high value of something like $100 on the package, And I had a large white slip sent to me.. I went to the post office to pick the package up and they wanted me to pay 900+ baht.. I refused as I was not expecting the package and did not know who it was from until I mentioned it to the friend who had sent it..

So I think as long as the sender puts a low value, it will be fine.

The guy on Ebay has 100% positive feedback so Im sure it will be fine. It should be here in a few days so Ill update when I get it :o

There are recipes on the web how to make it. Molasses, tobacco and apples I think.

You can buy from the bars in Arab district, they sell it for smoking in their bars so they will most likely sell it to take away as well, for the same prise at smoking it there.

Thanks for that ZZZ, I bought some of the shisha stuff from Ebay also, because there are lots of different flavors to choose from on there.. I dont smoke cigarettes, so I bought some off ebay which is 100% tobacco, nicotine and tar free :o

It cost me 800 baht with shipping for 6 boxes, so I think Ill have a look at buying some around walking street when I need some more...

I had a walk true Royal Garden today and there is a stand on the ground floor selling water pipes for around 2600Bath for a big one and 800Baht for a mini. They are also selling apple and strawberry shisha for around 1800Baht/kg.

I had a walk true Royal Garden today and there is a stand on the ground floor selling water pipes for around 2600Bath for a big one and 800Baht for a mini. They are also selling apple and strawberry shisha for around 1800Baht/kg.

Thats very interesting to know, thanks for letting me know about that ZZZ, Ill go and have a look.. I wish Id never have bought that one off ebay now.. The one Ive bought is a 35" tall rotating with 2 pipes... At least the pricing is about the same anyway, Thanks for that... :o