Pattaya... Any​ Chanthaburi​ Visa​ Agent?

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Assume you mean .,.Chanthaburi 

Your OP is not clear. 

You plan to return to Thailand enter visa exempt and need agent to obtain non O + subsequent 12 month extension? 

Yep, thanx, correct,a friend of mine arriving early nextmonth, apologies for confusion Jack.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Yep, thanx, correct,a friend of mine arriving early nextmonth, apologies for confusion Jack.

He can use agent to obtain non O from visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Agent can also open bank account if he does not have one.

Realize you specifically mentioned agent local and not Pattaya however I suggest you have better service from good agents in Pattaya. 

You mentioned Aust...

If your friend is Oz he could obtain a non O retirement eVisa while in Australia and have a head start on the process. 

@Pattaya57 (think) recently did this and could advise on process time etc

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

He can use agent to obtain non O from visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Agent can also open bank account if he does not have one.

Realize you specifically mentioned agent local and not Pattaya however I suggest you have better service from good agents in Pattaya. 

You mentioned Aust...

If your friend is Oz he could obtain a non O retirement eVisa while in Australia and have a head start on the process. 

@Pattaya57 (think) recently did this and could advise on process time etc

Ok yes, thank you, he yrs  back used Keyvisa, ripped off price wise,so keen  to use local, however yourcorrect,  and no to applying in Oz due to timing. He has, did have bkk bank a.c, maybe still current., cheerstho regards

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

He has, did have bkk bank a.c, maybe still current., cheerstho regards

Handy if he has a Thai bank account in his name only.

However agent can open one ~5k 

KeyVisa is still running. 

You can contact Maneerat or Thai Visa agency both located in Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

...and no to applying in Oz due to timing

OP, take note of post above.

The process time for eVisa in Oz is quick. 

Entering Thailand with a non O would provide a 90 day permit and remove any time pressure.

Yes the visa exempt entry will work also. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Out of curiosity, I'm sure there are quite a few expats who live outside Chon Buri but use Pattaya agents to help with the funding for an 'O' visa. Given that their visa would most probably be stamped 'Chon Buri', how would the person go about obtaining a residency certificate for a driving license for example, now that the UK, US, and AUS embassies have stopped dealing with them? 🤔

6 hours ago, BenCrew said:

Out of curiosity, I'm sure there are quite a few expats who live outside Chon Buri but use Pattaya agents to help with the funding for an 'O' visa. Given that their visa would most probably be stamped 'Chon Buri', how would the person go about obtaining a residency certificate for a driving license for example, now that the UK, US, and AUS embassies have stopped dealing with them? 🤔

Immigration offices will typically want a rental agreement or house registration to issue the certificate, in my experience they don't care where your visa was obtained.

6 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Immigration offices will typically want a rental agreement or house registration to issue the certificate, in my experience they don't care where your visa was obtained.

If that was the case, the person could go to eg: Chantaburi province to renew their 90 day report, but that is not possible with a Chon Buri visa stamp, so why would a residency cert be any different?

15 hours ago, BenCrew said:

You wouldn't except thru the agent that got the extension for you. Most could get a certificate of residence for you with your real address on it. 

2 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

You wouldn't except thru the agent that got the extension for you. Most could get a certificate of residence for you with your real address on it. 

Having enquired with an agent, I know this is not the case. An agent that has contacts within Chon Buri would not be able to turn up at Chantaburi immigration for a residency cert for their client who has a Chon Buri visa stamp. 

A Chon Buri visa stamp = a Chon Buri address = a Chon Buri residency cert.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BenCrew said:

Having enquired with an agent, I know this is not the case. An agent that has contacts within Chon Buri would not be able to turn up at Chantaburi immigration for a residency cert for their client who has a Chon Buri visa stamp. 

Correct, most leave that'small detail' out when first chatting you or insert bs!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, BenCrew said:

Didn't say anywhere that the agent would show up at Chanthaburi immigrations for a certificate of residence 

The agent would use chonburi to get the certificate of residence BUT many times they can get it with your REAL address (not the b/s chonburi one they used for the extension)

How do I know this? 
A friend in bangkok has an extension from an agent out of an immigration office in Nakhon Nowhere, he needed to get a certificate of residence to renew his d/l, he went to the agent, gave his real bangkok address, they got a hold of the office in Nakhon Nowhere and had a certificate of residence issued with his bangkok address on it 😮     

SO I will respectfully disagree with your comment 🙂

Your mileage may vary

On 7/6/2024 at 9:24 AM, Tod Daniels said:

Oh, so there was ONE case to back up your 'MOST could get a certificate' comment. Mmm🤔

reading your posts @Olmate is painful at best. maybe edit in chatgpt before posting cryptic at best 

there are no agents for chantaburi or maptaphut aka rayong immigration. i desperately tried to find some before. the only way to get "help" aka corrupted agents here is to know someone on the inside.