Immigration Office Closure Dates July 2024

Posted (edited)
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:

IMMIGRATION OFFICE CLOSURE JULY 2024

ALL immigration offices in the country are closed on the following days
Monday July 22
Monday July 29

IF you have a stamp that expires on a day the immigration office is closed (due to weekend or holiday) and you go the very next day they're open you can get your extension like normal and will not get charged for overstay.

You will get a stamp in your passport that says "overstay xxx days, fine waived due to holiday/closure"

(Please note I am not advocating anyone wait until the last day to do their extension 😕 only pointing out that IF the office is closed the day your stamp expires, you can still go get the extension the day they open without being fined)

NOTE; Borders are open like normal, they don't close for holidays
Edited by Tod Daniels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP seems like very bad advice. Regardless of no fine, who wants a "overstay xxx days" stamp in their passport.

If your stamp expires on the weekend or holiday Monday, simply get the new stamp any day in the week before. New stamps start from expiry of old stamp so nothing to gain by waiting until last minute.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

OP seems like very bad advice. Regardless of no fine, who wants a "overstay xxx days" stamp in their passport.

If your stamp expires on the weekend or holiday Monday, simply get the new stamp any day in the week before. New stamps start from expiry of old stamp so nothing to gain by waiting until last minute.

I think you mis-remembered what I wrote 😉

I meant it to let people know (those clueless ones who wait until the last minute for their extension 😛 )

IF their stamp expires on a day the immigration office is closed AND they go the very next day it's open they CAN get their extension without being fined for overstay.

How's that, better?

• Thumbs Up 1