Hotels/ Island Resorts Around Trang?

khall64au

Am compiling a guide for accommodation and island destinations around Trang region - if you have any faves please let me know - also decent restaurants, tours.

This area is not so well-known on the tourist trail but is an upcoming destination. Are there any good recommendations?

ko muk is about a 40 min boat trip from pak meng (pls correct me if i am wrong with the name - its either pak meng or pak beng) and is a lovely little island. there is charlie resort (which i dont personally like due to the ugly concrete boxes they have constructed on the beach) and there are many bunaglows there. i used to stay at rubber tree bungalows which is run by a lovely guy called odd who i have known for years now. hes a decent man and as he got a lot of help from me and other people, he runs a good little operation there.

odd runs camping trips to a place called ko rok, which is about a 2 hr boat trip from ko muk. very beautiful. there are massive monitor lizards roaming around the caming area and you can snorkel right off the beach. in the afternoon, sail fish usually jump out of the water. there is good fishing, snorkeling, the sea is clean and clear (ive never had a bad day snorkeling here) and there is also a lovely viewpoint on the island, which is run by the national parks.

I don't know about favorites but I remember staying in the boat shaped hotel, outside of Trang city, a few years back. It was huge but almost completely empty. It felt like staying in that hotel in the film The Shining.

• 3 weeks later...

......." It was huge but almost completely empty. It felt like staying in that hotel in the film The Shining. ...."

So much for your imagination.

Agree. That was one hel_l of the scarest movies

Jack Nicholson was the master in his craft.