Sites to Sell Online in Bangkok

SteveJames

Hi, I didn't know where to post this but I've been trying to clear all of our stuff out of our condo before we leave Thailand. I've tried Facebook and progress is very slow with some scammers messaging and some asking and then going quiet.  The best progress we had was handing out flyers around the condo but someone snitched on us and the office won't let us put up a poster.

Luckily we sold some of the big items but my wife has a ton of clothes we can't take on the plane, I suppose we can get someone to come pick stuff up for peanuts near the end? but we still have 2 weeks to go

Anyone know any ideas?

Posted (edited)

i reckon it all depends on what you are selling and how you price it.

I sold a bunch of stereo equipment, household appliances and bike stuff on FB last year, and everything went within 48 hours.  

Simliar when I had a firesale just before covid to get out of the Philippines. I cleaned up there.

Edited by n00dle
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

i reckon it all depends on what you are selling and how you price it.

I sold a bunch of stereo equipment, household appliances and bike stuff last year, and everything went within 48 hours.  

Thanks, I was trying to reduce things because I don't want to be stuck with it days before I fly.. but my other half wants to play hard ball. I guess I will try posting more on Facebook.   I did well with Facebook when we left there 6 years ago but this time I'm in BKK

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SteveJames said:

Hi, I didn't know where to post this but I've been trying to clear all of our stuff out of our condo before we leave Thailand. I've tried Facebook and progress is very slow with some scammers messaging and some asking and then going quiet.  The best progress we had was handing out flyers around the condo but someone snitched on us and the office won't let us put up a poster.

Luckily we sold some of the big items but my wife has a ton of clothes we can't take on the plane, I suppose we can get someone to come pick stuff up for peanuts near the end? but we still have 2 weeks to go

Anyone know any ideas?

If you are in Bangkok you could try selling some of the clothes at those second hand Japanese shops.

There is one near Phrakanong BTS and new one opened at the Big C Rama 4 (they assess the products and then make an offer which you can take or leave. They don't pay much though for each item of clothes or shoes but it depends also on what brand the clothes and shoes are)

Online could try Baht Sold.

Edited by freeworld
  • Like 1

There has to be some charities around that would love to have stuff, and come pick them up. Children's homes as well, if you have kids clothes.

• Agree 1

the street cleaners take everything

charities, like in most countries have sticky fingers, no problem they will resell your gifted items and donate 1% after all costs...

facebook marketplace is a joke... had 100's of is this available for some items, want major discount on an already mega low priced item still in good conditioning and then there is the... I will send money when i receive jokes....   for me it was, come see, test, buy and pay cash or transfer to bank online

why is there no 2nd hand option / auction on this site (any more)?

Edited by john donson

On 7/9/2024 at 4:14 PM, freedomnow said:

Not sure if Bahtsold is still any good.

I bought quite a bit on Bahtsold during the mass exodus of foreigners when they changed the visa rules after the coup.  Got reasonable deals on everything I bought, and never tried to Presbyterian anyone down on the prices because my heart went out to them being forced to leave.  Most of them seemed like decent people caught under sad circumstances.

But that was around 10 years ago... So your question is a good one.

I actually sold a couple things back when the guys got their ducks in a row and came back to Thailand.