Slices Pizza - Wouldn't Bother

theseveredhead

dragging myself home in a drunken state, i stopped by a local go-go which appears to have been sold and gone further downhill.

not spying any thai food carts, i was desparate for some munchees and stole into slices pizza. it was quite a non event despite the hype on pcn.

the pizza appeared to be cold and sitting for a good while not under heat (130am), the did warm it a bit in the oven.

the crust was fair, the cheese wasnt much. one measly topping spread sparsely and all meat - no veggie (onion/bell pepper$/mushroom). they did have a one topping mushroom. throughly unimpressed. id rather have a pizza hut.

nothing remotely gormand, typical pattaya drinking fare.

the staff were overly helpful, maybe a bit pushy. the place is laid out nice for a fast in and out and in true pizzeria americana had proper condiments which was good.

i really miss z pizza (gourmet from so.cal) but well versed in pies from nyc, philly and the east coast.

sorry to slag an american having a go here - but it just didnt cut it. i would have much rather had a nice thai dish and saved b20.

Edited by theseveredhead

dragging myself home in a drunken state, i stopped by a local go-go which appears to have been sold and gone further downhill.

sorry to slag an american having a go here - but it just didnt cut it. i would have much rather had a nice thai dish and saved b20.

Maybe you trye the place again when you are sober. For the price, the pizza is good. I did eat different ones from there and I like them. And yes I know what a good Pizza is. I did go many times to Italy and South of France so I know what a propper Pizza has to taste like. Even my homecountry is doing them very nice. But you are free to call the Stone Oven, they have Slices for 95 Baht. That Pizza is better, but double the price. Not sure if they deliver just one Slice thought.

You will find better Pizzas in Town, but not for 45 Baht.

fair enough on the price angle, but its very much get what you pay for obviously. would have gladly paid enough ten B for a decent slice, but the guy is clever in that pizza is usually so overpriced and i never even go to pizza slut becasue even the personal pizza is too pricey.

the pizzas are not very creative. there is a new place called pizza deli or something like that. has all sorts of pizzas and b40 for slice of standard pizza.

z-pizza (los angeles) has this mediterrean pizza that is great. white pizza - no red sauce. olive oil, garlic, egplant and feta on this great dough. its really tasty.

generally i never eat pizza - just too fattening. in fact, i only eat one slice of bread a day and only if it goes w/ my salad.

• 1 year later...

no wonder slices pizza is bad it is made at the back of a motocycle shop,pizza and a oil change,sounds good i think not,never get away with health and safety in most places but in thailand anything goes i suppose,sits there all day waiting to be eaten, upset belly thaink again where it made

Sounds like a cry for a good Melbourne Pizza. Best in the world. Good business opportunity for Pattaya me thinks! :D Ohh for a mouthwatering Topalino's pizza....
:o:D So Pizza is a Melbourne Invention then :D I always thought it comes from Italy

It's a pitty I live in LOS or I would take you out to the best Pizza restaurants in Perth :D

Worst pizzas I've had have been in Italy.

Besides wheren't they invented in New York?

It's Pizza Hut for me every time.

Me too !, went to the bike show in milan, went into a pizza place, it was <deleted>,tried 2 others over the 3 days we were there,, very disapointed

Worst pizzas I've had have been in Italy.

Besides wheren't they invented in New York?

It's Pizza Hut for me every time.

I try to reply but no words from my keyboard.

Just follow to eat in your KFC, Macsht, Pizza hut.

(and vote Republican...)

Edited by angiud

Slices isn't anything special - but it's good for a quick snack after a night on the piśś. The new store that opened up on Khao Noi a block up from the Cock Inn has served me well a couple times since it opened last week.

Nothing fancy, and after 10PM, it's all re-heated, but for a late-night snack, it serves its purpose.

when you guys have to go for a visa,just go to Vientiane and enjoy a great fresh made large pizza for less than 150 baht at the VIAVIA.Or iff you want to pay more and enjoy the best pizza then go to Le Provencal.The french restaurants in Vientiane are far much better than anything you can find in Pattaya.

Hate to rub it in , but, wasn't the world title of best Pizza won by a guy from Perth for the last 3 years...........???

Ironical an Italian dish with a world title held in New York City won by a European from Perth Western Australia.

I found over the years , particularly when I used to be a big nightclubber all food tasted fairly crappy at the end of the night.

Go back & try it sober is a good solution. Then you can judge it fairly

:o

I tried the new place in the middle of Walking Street last week - L'Italiano, not far from Lucifer's. Fairly expensive (as you'd maybe expect given the location) and very quiet (as you'd maybe expect given the prices!). But it was a nice change, the pizza was excellent quality, and very filling with lots of cheese and delicious roasted vegetables. They have a few bizarre foibles though: they don't seem to like you adding any extra ingredients to your pizza, and they don't serve butter with the bread. It's worth a look, anyway, unless you're on a very tight budget.

when you guys have to go for a visa,just go to Vientiane and enjoy a great fresh made large pizza for less than 150 baht at the VIAVIA.Or iff you want to pay more and enjoy the best pizza then go to Le Provencal.The french restaurants in Vientiane are far much better than anything you can find in Pattaya.

Agreed. Not just French restaurants but food and lodging in general give better value for money than Pattaya.Too bad no beaches though.

Pizza originated in Naples Italy and it was the italian immigrants who introduced it into the USA.

Pizza Hut pizzas are no more pizzas than McDonalds are hamburgers. Both are absolute crap. By mentioning Pizza Hut in my opinion you have lost your credibility as a pizza critic.

There is nothing better than a good italian style pizza and good pizzas don't necessarily have to have multiple toppings. Pepperoni is just one example.

I'll also add that contributors should be careful when slagging someone elses business. You are playing with peoples livelihoods.

You were drunk and didn't like the pizza. Okay, so you prefer Pizza Hut. That's your choice. I've had slices a few times and think they are fine. Not the best I've ever had, but head and shoulders above Pizza Hut.

Nothing wrong with anyone stating their OPINION about any business. Up to you whether to decide whether to listen to the critics. We are adults here, eh? I can't even comment on Pizza Hut pizza because I have never tried it and don't intend to ever try it, but it sure doesn't LOOK like good pizza.

Edited by Jingthing

Nothing wrong with anyone stating their OPINION about any business. Up to you whether to decide whether to listen to the critics. We are adults here, eh? I can't even comment on Pizza Hut pizza because I have never tried it and don't intend to ever try it, but it sure doesn't LOOK like good pizza.

It is not very good, but better than many Italian style pizzas in Thailand. It is perfectly legitimate to compare them if that is how you feel.

• 2 weeks later...

i not sure i would eat from slices pizza after all pizza made from the back of a motocycle shop on 3road great health and safety that is,cooked left all day in a glass window then reheated sounds a good recipe for a bad gutswhat bacteria lerks on the pizza waiting for the drunks to come and eat and wake up with the runs

Pizza originated in Naples Italy and it was the italian immigrants who introduced it into the USA.

Pizza Hut pizzas are no more pizzas than McDonalds are hamburgers. Both are absolute crap. By mentioning Pizza Hut in my opinion you have lost your credibility as a pizza critic.

There is nothing better than a good italian style pizza and good pizzas don't necessarily have to have multiple toppings. Pepperoni is just one example.

I'll also add that contributors should be careful when slagging someone elses business. You are playing with peoples livelihoods.

You were drunk and didn't like the pizza. Okay, so you prefer Pizza Hut. That's your choice. I've had slices a few times and think they are fine. Not the best I've ever had, but head and shoulders above Pizza Hut.

Are you sure about that? I thought it was invented in Vietnam while the Americans were there interfering, and then some American took the idea back to the states and claimed the idea as his own??

I thought the pizza there was garbage but you get what you pay for, the pizza in that Hopf place that plays the crappy noisy jazz music is fantastic.

Pizza's are OK there, and good Hopf beer, but the staff are snotty and the management are even worse. I went with an invalid friend a while back and the cnuts wouldn't even let him in. It was sooooo embarrassing for me, as I used to be a regular and had suggested the damed place.

Never again, if you have any shred of humanity left in you, boycott this sick, pseudo-Nazi craphole.

They've had these slices things on Oxford Street in London for donkeys years and the only ones who touch them are the gullible tourists. Pizza should be fresh, it takes only minutes to make one if the oven is hot enough. Cold pizza is awful. Reheated pizza is worse.