Residents in Pattaya Urge Police to Take Action Against Repeated Burglaries

snoop1130

336639_0.jpg

People living in Pattaya's Soi Khao Talo area are scared and upset because a serial thief has been repeatedly robbing their rented rooms.

The local residents claim a burglar has been regularly breaking into their rentals and taking their possessions. The victims even offered CCTV footage that clearly shows the suspect in action.

43-year-old Ms. Hathairat (real surname withheld for her privacy) stated her room was broken into twice, likely by the same person. This has left her living in constant fear, as she worries the thief may break in at any point.

Ms. Hathairat voiced her dissatisfaction with Pattaya police's alleged lack of response. She says that despite filing complaints, no arrests had been made at the time of reporting and the crimes continue in her community. She also revealed that other rooms in the complex had been robbed too but police action remains the same.

Mrs. Jamreung Panprateep, 57, who owns the rental property, claims the victims are losing hope in the police's assistance due to the lack of progress. She urged the authorities to hasten their investigation and apprehend the suspects before they rob again, reported by The Pattaya News.

Photo via The Pattaya News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-11

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

11 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

If they are waiting for action of the RTP it can take a very long time..... better start with civil guards/watchers....RTP doesn't do anything as it there is not to earn for them 

For clarity, RTP = BIB. :coffee1:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

For clarity, RTP = BIB. :coffee1:

I very nearly bought a house in Kao Talo 20 years ago. In those days Kao Talo was a very pleasant place and the housing estates were in the development stage. My wife has her own small restaurant there now so I get to see the current state of the area. I'm more than grateful that the sale fell through as the current Kao Talo is a sewer. It has now been taken over by the dregs of Isarn, hence the high crime rate.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Ms. Hathairat voiced her dissatisfaction with Pattaya police's alleged lack of response. She says that despite filing complaints, no arrests had been made at the time of reporting and the crimes continue in her community. She also revealed that other rooms in the complex had been robbed too but police action remains the same.

Inactive?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

RTP doesn't do anything as it there is not to earn for them 

Just to balance the scales a little. I was burgled a couple of years ago, actually more like 5 now, and the police caught the guy same day..........

And no I didn't pay anything.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

People living in Pattaya's Soi Khao Talo area are scared and upset because a serial thief has been repeatedly robbing their rented rooms.

One would think that after the first robbery there was nothing more to steal.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, watchcat said:

One would think that after the first robbery there was nothing more to steal.

I guess people tend to replace the stuff from the first theft so they go back to steal the new stuff.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, topt said:

Just to balance the scales a little. I was burgled a couple of years ago, actually more like 5 now, and the police caught the guy same day..........

And no I didn't pay anything.

I was burgled 2 times in 1 year time... First time they stole all my jewels, money and safe..But European gold is nothing worth here, even my inheritage from my parents as a watch and diamond ring, but the police first asked how much I would pay if they found it....The second time the burglar was caught by my neighbour... He stole only a few bottles of whiskey that were leftover from my birthday party and some other stuff nothing very valuable.. because the first time they stole it already..But the thief had nothing with him so probably there was a second one, but no effort to find him/her. Only they made a proposal to release him if he paid the damage about 10k THB... I am not stupid of course and I told him I would do it if he brought back the jewellery from the first time, because if he did not do  it some else and now they got the things there they" forgot" the first time in a way to speak.. my  video and foto camera and they knew exactly were they laid.... But the did not know and he excused himself so many times and he even could not say where the 3 bottles of whiskey were... I said I have no compassion and he got sentenced to jail..... So RTP i don't have confidence in them

21 hours ago, Henryford said:

I guess people tend to replace the stuff from the first theft so they go back to steal the new stuff.

Yes, but failed to spend a little on an extra bolt for the door!

Edited by jacko45k
typo
  • Confused 1