Senator-elect Keskamol’s educational credentials questioned

webfact

image.png

Dr. Keskamol Pleansamai, a new senator-elect, who received more votes than any of the other 200 senators-elect, is in the spotlight over her declared and highly impressive educational credentials, which many critics are openly questioning whether some are authentic or have been purchased from little known institutions.

Among the educational attainments claimed by the 46-year-old are: Professor in Human Resource Development, California University, Doctor of Philosophy, Associate Professor in Business Administration at California University, PhD in Resources Management and Development from Mae Cho University, an Honorary Doctorate from UIPM University International and an American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine Certificate in Aesthetic Preventive Medicine from the Department of Community Mental Health.

Well-known TV personality Sorayuth Suthassanachinda invited her to appear on his program a few days ago, to display her English-speaking skills, which many viewers noted should be a lot better for a person who has studied for and received such educational credentials abroad.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-07-15

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

You can Google, it takes a bit of digging, there’s a legitimate UoC but also a diploma mill of the same/similar name.

The legitimate entity has launched US legal action on the fake entities.

The Flour-Smuggler in Chief, also has a degree from this now shut down organisation.

Coincidence, I think not….

Her English was poor in the interview, she clarified she got an online Master degree at UoC.

Sounds legit. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Among the educational attainments claimed by the 46-year-old are: Professor in Human Resource Development, California University, Doctor of Philosophy, Associate Professor in Business Administration at California University, PhD in Resources Management and Development from Mae Cho University, an Honorary Doctorate from UIPM University International and an American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine Certificate in Aesthetic Preventive Medicine from the Department of Community Mental Health.

Doesn't look like a book worm.

I doubt anyone will delve very far to prove her education claims false....that rarely happens to anyone going for a big ticket position.....

Anyway....aside from her credentials being fake....mutton with lipstick!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

I doubt anyone will delve very far to prove her education claims false....that rarely happens to anyone going for a big ticket position.....

Anyway....aside from her credentials being fake....mutton with lipstick!

I've heard of a pig with lipstick and mutton dressed as lamb... 

Maybe from the same farm? Cross dressers? 

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Knives out for this lady.

"California University" is some sort of diploma mill with a website in Peru.

https://www.californiauniversity.edu.pe/

CU.jpg

Add to that that the MaeCho University does not even have a web presence

Honorary degrees are usually bought and have no real learning.  Please think of the movie stars that get honorary degrees in law because they play a lawyer and are famous.

The last degree does not even say where she got it.  It is just some local certificate.  

Hell, I used to get certificates in Computer IT and or web design simply because I attended a seminar.

My partner showed me a clip of an interview with her and at the end she is trying to speak English... Thank you is even difficult as you can see she has to think very hard.. And for someone with so good education you can expect a bit more I suppose... 

Even Kurusapa, the education council of Thailand has no clue about foreign certificates, degrees, diplomas or whatever...Many foreign teacher could not get a teachers license because there was no bachelor degree.. Kurusapa doesn't know that in many countries in the EU the title of Bachelor was introduced in 2000 because before that some university students did not get a degree..They had to do a Thai course of 2 years for a teacher education for 200k and after 4 years that course was not accepted too anymore....That is one of the reasons why so may foreigners left the schools. And this woman she would have all kind certificates and degrees but can hardly speak English?? Good that she will be investigated.. 

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

You can Google, it takes a bit of digging, there’s a legitimate UoC but also a diploma mill of the same/similar name.

The legitimate entity has launched US legal action on the fake entities.

The Flour-Smuggler in Chief, also has a degree from this now shut down organisation.

Coincidence, I think not….

Her English was poor in the interview, she clarified she got an online Master degree at UoC.

Sounds legit. 

The Flour-Smuggler in Chief, his fake degree should also be looked into but this is Thailand nothing will happen the Thais don't care

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Office of the Civil Service Commission (OCSC) on Sunday denied endorsing the California University Foreign Credentials Evaluation (FCE) Institution's equivalency assessments.

Please credit and share this article with others using this link: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2829177/ocsc-denies-endorsing-candidates-degree. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Bangkok Post PCL. All rights reserved.