New Passport. Changing visa stamps etc.

Had a similar debacle....but worse.....first time around queued up, filled the form in, queued up, sorry we gave you the wrong form....second time, repeat and rinse, oh you have to use blue ink now, not black.....do it all again.

2 minutes ago, lom said:

Travel with both passports, get the stamps transferred next time you go to immigration for your extension of stay.

I agree but someone got confused when I posted that..................

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

You do realize you don't have to change stamps until your next visit to immigration i.e. extension they have no idea or care when you got your new passport..........:coffee1:

You should rather change as fast as possible and also update drivers license – if passport number is used – and bank account(s) to new passport number; and of course anywhere else your passport number is used as indentification.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

You should rather change as fast as possible and also update drivers license – if passport number is used – and bank account(s) to new passport number; and of course anywhere else your passport number is used as indentification.

Again the only time you have to change it with the banks is when you need a counter service, like when you need your statements for immigration, driving license maybe yes but some of us have our 'useless' pink card number, one other thing is once you have your new extension, don't forget to update the photos on your phone. ( I have never been asked for my passport when the cops have checked my DL )