Best Financing Deals On New Pickups In Chiang Mai

Warrioroo

Hi, has anyone noticed any great financing deals on new Pickups the past few weeks/months in Chiang Mai? I am looking to get a Vigo or DMax / Colorado but need some generous finance terms to cover it, as i'll still need to cover payments on our 97' Civic which we'll send to the mother in law in BKK.

Has anyone noticed payment terms offered over a longer period than 6 years?

Or are promotions mainly limited to the 'extras' you can get thrown in to the mix?

Cheers!

Typically the more desperate the dealer, the better terms on finance and everything else.

Toyota dealers are typically the least desperate, because they're popular and there's only two of them.

Chevrolet has not had an update since it was first released. And probably only one dealer. Avoid this Farangmobile.

Isuzu will be best I guess; recent update and many INDEPENDENT dealers. Play them (against each other) like the London Philharmonic.

Has anyone noticed payment terms offered over a longer period than 6 years?

The Toyota near the airport offered us up to six, and even seven years, for a Vigo. Five will do for me though :o

Chevrolet has not had an update since it was first released. And probably only one dealer. Avoid this Farangmobile.

Isuzu will be best I guess; recent update and many INDEPENDENT dealers. Play them (against each other) like the London Philharmonic.

As far as I know, the Chevy Colorado & the D-Max are the same truck with only the most minor cosmetic differences. The dealerships may offer different financing deals & levels of service but vehicle-wise either one is a good choice. And for the record I'm very happy with my own D-Max.

Do not believe the interest rates the quote. They use methods which make the rate sound low when it is not. You need to calculate how much money they want, then figure the amount of interest and rate as best you can. It is not like the USA where the laws require that quoted rates are done by standard calculations which give a reasonably fair result. A Thai friend told me he was offered a good rate but when we did the math it was about double the rate quoted because they applied the rate to the total initial balance for all 5 years, like the balance in years 2,3,4 and 5 were the same as in year 1.

You might check with Siam Commercial Bank, a banker there has twice told me that they sell new cars. Don't know about the deals offered.

Do not believe the interest rates the quote. They use methods which make the rate sound low when it is not. You need to calculate how much money they want, then figure the amount of interest and rate as best you can. It is not like the USA where the laws require that quoted rates are done by standard calculations which give a reasonably fair result. A Thai friend told me he was offered a good rate but when we did the math it was about double the rate quoted because they applied the rate to the total initial balance for all 5 years, like the balance in years 2,3,4 and 5 were the same as in year 1.

You might check with Siam Commercial Bank, a banker there has twice told me that they sell new cars. Don't know about the deals offered.

bill97, thats just the way it works around here. almost all of asia calculates full interest amounts out of initial principal even for the 5th year ! .. a rip off? you bet ! .. no point arguing about it though. at least housing loans are amortised appropriately. except on a daily basis. :o

consumers always on the losing end !

As far as I know, the Chevy Colorado & the D-Max are the same truck with only the most minor cosmetic differences. The dealerships may offer different financing deals & levels of service but vehicle-wise either one is a good choice. And for the record I'm very happy with my own D-Max.

They are, but Isuzu has had a recent consmetic update, the Chevrolet has not. It shows in the sales figures, they're WAY down for the Chevrolet.

Also, while you and me know they're the same vehicle, there is the small issue of convincing any buyer of this when you sell the vehicle. It may or may not keep its value as good as Isuzu but my guess is: not quite.

bill97, thats just the way it works around here. almost all of asia calculates full interest amounts out of initial principal even for the 5th year ! .. a rip off? you bet ! .. no point arguing about it though. at least housing loans are amortised appropriately. except on a daily basis. :o

consumers always on the losing end !

So use the house/land paper to borrow, then buy the vehicle for cash like many in other countries have been doing to cash in on their RE booms.

The Mitsubishi Triton is a very decent car for very good money ! They do not do difficult in terms of financing , do not need

a second name when leasing , just some money in an account or prove you got some monthly income .

You pay less for a very good model , I have got one it is a real pleasant .