Belgian Man Arrested for Crimes in Thailand and Malaysia

How were these photos taken in his hotel room while still in be in a state of undress? Either police have been bribed by the press to gain access to a crime scene or the police have taken the pictures and sold them to the press

Yes thai police did a good job twice how come after he was caught selling a rented bike he was free to roam and carry out his crime spree which you can be sure ruined quite a few holidays 

12 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Jeez, there's a lot of insecure posters here fixating on a guy's name.

Yes, your xenophobia is apparent on a daily basis.

What would our resident xenophobes say if a brown skinned man had the name "Smith"?

They would attack him for being a Brit ,  

8 hours ago, Thumbs said:

How were these photos taken in his hotel room while still in be in a state of undress? Either police have been bribed by the press to gain access to a crime scene or the police have taken the pictures and sold them to the press

Very probably , but what's your point?

3 hours ago, Thumbs said:

Innocent until proven guilty, contaminating a crime scene, expectations of privacy, 

This is Thailand and he's obviously guilty of something, overstaying for starters, That was not a crime scene it was his rented room, How much privacy would you afford him if you had been one of his victims. 

• Agree 1

On 8/2/2024 at 5:19 AM, Red Forever said:

What would our resident xenophobes say if a brown skinned man had the name "Smith"?

I don't consider myself a xenophobe, but if a brown-skinned man had the name Smith, I'd think he had the most common surname in the English-speaking countries.  What's odd about that?

On 8/2/2024 at 9:08 AM, RichardColeman said:

A nice 1 year stint in a thai prison, and a lifetime ban from Thailand I think would be fair if he did these crimes. That said, I seriously doubt the passport is real

Maybe belgian would prefer him to stay in Thailand ?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I don't consider myself a xenophobe, but if a brown-skinned man had the name Smith, I'd think he had the most common surname in the English-speaking countries.  What's odd about that?

i would assume he was lying initially

On 8/3/2024 at 11:58 PM, vangrop said:

They are causing anywhere problems

Yorkshire Yorkshire. Thuggery is need in Thailand maybe they will invent a new visa for residents apply at Thai consulate Hull!

On 8/2/2024 at 4:57 PM, HK MacPhooey said:

And my uncle’s a Dutchman

That is correct, many foreigners with Dutch passports have the same appearance, and are generally referred to as 'youths', to exclude racism.

• Agree 1