Zelenskiy Commends Ukrainian Strikes on Military Targets Inside Russia

image.png.1e6febaee07ba9dbe4f2fb56df4b079c.png

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy praised his country's military for successfully targeting and striking several military sites within Russia. This announcement comes after reports from the Ukrainian army detailing several hits, including an airfield and an oil depot.

In his daily statement, Zelenskiy expressed his gratitude towards the soldiers and defense industry personnel responsible for these precise strikes. "I would like to thank each of our soldiers and all those who work in our defence industry for striking Russian airfields, oil refineries, and logistics," he said. The president emphasized that these strikes are a direct response to the bombardments Ukraine has endured since the Russian invasion over two years ago.

Zelenskiy highlighted the strategic importance of these attacks, stating, "Every strike that accurately responds to Russia’s bombs, that destroys Russian logistics, Russian bases, that makes it more difficult for the occupier to stay on our land. Every such strike brings the just end of the war closer."

Earlier, a source within the Ukrainian defense sector informed AFP that Ukrainian drones had successfully hit the Morozovsk airfield in the Rostov region, resulting in the destruction of an ammunition depot. Although Russian officials did not confirm the destruction of the airfield, Vasily Golubev, the local governor, announced on Telegram that a state of emergency had been declared in the Morozovsk district.

Additionally, the Ukrainian defense source reported that a fuel warehouse in the Kamensky district of the Rostov region was struck, with Russian officials acknowledging a drone attack that caused fires in oil tanks. The Ukrainian armed forces also claimed to have sunk the B-237 Rostov-on-Don submarine in occupied Crimea the day before and destroyed four missile launchers.

Throughout the war, Kyiv has increasingly taken responsibility for strikes on Russian-held territories. Zelenskiy has been persistent in his calls for allies to lift restrictions, allowing Ukraine to utilize Western weapons against targets within Russian-controlled areas. He reiterated this stance, urging for permission to target sites "where the occupier is, from which Russia strikes at Ukraine, launches missiles, Shahed drones, bombs."

The escalation in Ukrainian attacks on Russian military infrastructure marks a significant shift in the conflict dynamics, showcasing Ukraine's growing capability and resolve to retaliate against Russian aggression. These developments could potentially lead to further international discussions about the provision and use of advanced military aid to Ukraine, as well as the broader implications for the ongoing conflict.

Credit: The Guardian  2024-08-05

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Doesn't seem to me like someone in touch with reality. All that will do IMO is result in greater destruction of Ukrainian facilities. Perhaps he thinks if that gets too bad the US will join in the game. I guess that is his only hope of staving off the inevitable defeat.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Social Media said:

Zelenskiy has been persistent in his calls for allies to lift restrictions, allowing Ukraine to utilize Western weapons against targets within Russian-controlled areas. He reiterated this stance, urging for permission to target sites "where the occupier is, from which Russia strikes at Ukraine, launches missiles, Shahed drones, bombs."

I bet he does, and I can only hope the west that is supplying such refuses. IMO that is the road that leads to MAD.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't seem to me like someone in touch with reality. All that will do IMO is result in greater destruction of Ukrainian facilities. Perhaps he thinks if that gets too bad the US will join in the game. I guess that is his only hope of staving off the inevitable defeat.

i very much doubt he is calling the shots at all, he's just in the back of the room, racking up lines of the devils dandruff.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

rather than sayin ' hey Vlad, lets negotiate and bring an end to this nonsense', mind you his puppet masters in the US &UK don't want that to happen, MIC is making huge profits, the more destruction, the more rebuilding contracts Blackrock gets. $$$$$$$

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1