Floral vs Rimping condo

1happykamper

I've been looking at condos to rent in both buildings.. Floral and Rim Ping... I've only seen rooms in floral so far. 

25k for about 100 Sq meters with a fantastic view on floor 15 is good value in my mind. Compared to 20/25k per month for a 45 Sq m condo in Peak or Astra 555 

The condo rentals were managed by the condo management... Rent is non negotiable. I can swap furniture from their stock. Interesting setup 

Any comments.. Pros and cons? Cheers 

Many moons ago I looked at Floral before buying at Rimping. Problem to me at Floral was the lay out but that was for a larger condo 150sq mts 2 bed. Far too much space wasted plus the balcony was smaller than what I was looking for and the unit I looked at was on the mosque side. I ended up buying a 160sq mtr 3 bedroom north facing unit with uninterrupted river and city views. Price for both units was the same all them years ago.

The grounds of Floral are far superior to Rimping where the swimming pool is on the 6th floor and covered by floors above (read bloody cold) plus there are no outside areas to match those at Floral.

Rimping has condos in the 100sq mtr range but I'm not up on rental prices but if you view make sure you stay away from the southern side which has traffic noise. There is an office at Rimping open 0800-1700 daily but they typically only show condos owned by the people who built and still own a number of condos but there are others posted beside the office as available.

Both of these condos are in the 20-25 year old range which has massive benefits over the modern day shoe boxes for similar prices be it rental or purchase.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

and the unit I looked at was on the mosque side.

Oops. Shades of Krabi coming back to me... So that mosque shouts out that call to prayer routine 2x a day? 

I was an owner at Floral for several years, the management is excellent, the mosque is not an issue. Easy walking distance to eateries etc, good parking, no negatives really from my perspective, I wish I still had the unit (16th floor). Oh yes, the construction was by a Japanese firm and is built to earthquake resistance standards, there's no cracking despite some serious tremors over the years. Good back up power on site also.  

• Thanks 1