DTV e-visa 'pending approval'

Hi,

I applied for a DTV visa (workcation-freelance) from Lisbon embassy (Portugal), as I am currently living there (french citizen).

It's basically my second applications as I didn't put my middle name on the application, thai embassy in Lisbon told me they cannot add it and its mandatory to write middle name even if it's never used in any document in France or EU in general).

I re-apply and pay again the 350euro fee the 9 august, and I saw that yesterday statut passed from 'pending check documents (1)' to 'pending approval (1)'.

Does it mean all documents are checked and all are good now and they will not ask any additional documents? Or is it still possible to have some 'surprises' ?

thanks

• Haha 1

To be honest, i didnt put it volontary. As all my documents (bank statements, contracts, flight tickets, bills etc..) NEVER include middle name. You only use first name and last name.

And I was thinking at the worse case, than the embassy can just add it if really mandatory/needed..

43 minutes ago, toums said:

To be honest, i didnt put it volontary. As all my documents (bank statements, contracts, flight tickets, bills etc..) NEVER include middle name. You only use first name and last name.

And I was thinking at the worse case, than the embassy can just add it if really mandatory/needed..

Doesn't your passport have your middle name? That's what they would check so pretty silly not to state middle name when you have to include passport bio data page?

At €350 that's an expensive mistake to think the rest of the World ignores middle names

Edited by Pattaya57

I really really hate that they won't refund rejected applications.  For the tourist visa it wasn't too big a deal.  Happened to me once.  It would really suck if it happened for this one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

But my question wasn't regarding the first cancelation apply but for the current one. As the statut passed from 'pending check documents (1)' to 'pending approval (1)', I wanted to know if normally all are good now (except to wait some extra time to get the validation) but like all documents are checked and ok right now, and no extra things can be asked now.

• 2 weeks later...