Xbox Live

Devil

I have a 360 and play on Xbox Live but some awful LAG problems especially lately since first online 4 months ago.And a certain game Arcade Bomber Man! its near impossible to play it live. It also shows every ones PING signal in the lobby and mine is the worst with full bars green as everyone has only one red bar. I plan to get the Arcade Live game new Sensi Soccer SWOS :o out I think end of August 07 and I cant bear the thought of not playing it online for the best experience.

I have had some normal connections on XBOX Live so not wanting to complain to much.certain games:F.E.A.R (some Lag),Moto Gp (no problems ) and Gears Co-op rarely Lag. So whats going on? cant just be the games can it? other online say they can play Bomber Man with no Lag.

Any suggestions: Whats your experience on Xbox live? and what settings connections, router do you use? (I am in Samui not BK)

I am thinking it can only be my router is not compatible with xbox live? I tried the connection test and NAT result was ONLY - Moderate and not the recommended OPEN. Is it the broadband package I subscribe to is not fast enough 1,024/512 (Indy package by TT&T) they share 20 users per line and not sure of technical before upgrade.

Note: however surfing and downloading on the web is very fast on my PC (fast enough for me) which uses same router line but I only open one at machine at a time.

I believe most XBL servers are based in the states....the country of Thailand has about a 300-400ms ping time back to the states, probably due to the commies at MICT and their internet filtering...

At least that's what I've noticed when trying to diagnose lag problems....

Edited by LostInBKK

I have been gaming online in Thailand for several years now.

Get the fastest connection you can afford, preferably some sort of small business package where they are less likely to share the connection with another 1000 people.

The biggest killer by far, though is distance. So try to play on games hosted locally or in HK or Singapore. West Coast USA tends to be okay too for me 288 pings etc. Forget about Europe though.

Net code on games are not made equal as you have experienced yourself, if playing online is important to you try to play on-line demos before buying.

If all else fails, you can always try to play through it, yeah its a drag but consider it altitude training because if you can play even poorly in high lag environment you will be soo much better on local games :o

Its the NAT mainly.

Not all Xbox Live games have servers, players host the game - I'd normally suggest finding local players (Thailand) but I can not connect at all to my brother who lives around 5 miles down the road (This is a NAT issue).

First thing I would do is check the switch/network hub, some are especially prone to poor performance, do as search on your model number and "xbox 360" to see if anyone else haves problems or a solution.

Well 3 days ago I upgraded my TT& Maxnet Internet subscription and less game Lag and I can even get on Bomber Man Live Arcade now as before couldnt. Now only x10 user on each line compared x20 users each line big difference.

I was using Indy 1024/512 about 1,090 baht/month and now upgraded to Premier 512/256 about 2,100 baht/ month package.Ok the PING still shows full bars (slow) compared every other player on Bomber Man Live but no one complains about me Lagging and can get in the online games every time. Also Fight Night 3 I get no Lag now.