Two Children Found Drowned in Kanchanaburi Pond

IMG_4533.jpeg

August 16, The Phithak Karn Foundation's radio centre received a report that two missing children were found drowned in a pond behind the Chirakarn housing project in Kanchanaburi.

Upon investigation, at the scene in Pak Phraek Subdistrict, Mueang District, Kanchanaburi Province, two bodies were discovered: one boy, approximately 10 years old, and one girl, around 6 years old.

According to initial inquiries, the children were reported missing from their home at approximately 07:45, with their whereabouts unknown. A search was initiated, and the local Kanchanaburi social media pages was utilised to help find them. Later, shoes were found placed by the pond, leading to speculation that the children had drowned there. A search was conducted, confirming this tragic outcome.

At 16:35., the searchers found the bodies submerged in the pond. The children's bodies were retrieved and handed over to the authorities for official proceedings. They were later released to the family for religious rites.

Police Lieutenant Nawaphon Kanchanasathit from the Mueang Kanchanaburi Police Station was in charge of the investigation.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-18

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

On 8/18/2024 at 3:59 AM, Georgealbert said:

Upon investigation, at the scene in Pak Phraek Subdistrict, Mueang District, Kanchanaburi Province, two bodies were discovered: one boy, approximately 10 years old, and one girl, around 6 years old

How sad, how preventable...

• Like 1

Theswe ponds should have at least some poles in the ground at and near the edge so if some child falls in they have some way to

get back out of the pond.  i would hope that even a Thai person would know the dangers of people drowning.

For sure all you expats that have an acerage that has a pond would do this.

My daughter enrolled her two kids in swimming class, in the U.S. of A. as soon as they were eligible to take them.    During one of the classes I watched my grandson misstep and fell into the swimming pool.   His drownproofing lessons immediately kicked in, his stayed head above water and then climbed out of the pool.   

Kids dying from incidents like this in Thailand, or anywhere else in the world, hits me emotionally.   Makes me wish there were some type of sponsored (government?) swim classes for kids that would help prevent these drownings.

• Thanks 1