Hole In One Insurers

johnBT

Hi all

Does anyone know of any insurance companies who provide Hole in One insurance in Thailand please?

Thanks in advance

John

Sorry, submitting another post so I can get reply notifications by email. Editing the topic didn't give me the option to change that oddly enough.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can recommend any insurers.

John.

I've never heard of it from an insurance standpoint, but the company I worked for at home would sponsor golf tournaments, getting advertising / promo / bragging rights by offering a substantial ($100,000 IIRC) prize to any player who shot a hole in one during the tournament.

My guess is that the OP is organizing a tournament and looking for someone to underwrite something like this on behalf of himself / his company.

Call Lloyds of London. They will insure anything.

I've seen this in the UK, from memory all it covers is a round of drinks in the bar......

I was lucky enough to get a hole in one a few years back in the UK :o and my 'Golfing Insurance Policy', which cost about 3400B per year for 'World Wide Coverage' paid out for a 'h i o' with the only stipulation being that it had to be ' in an official golf club competition either stroke or matchplay, or similar Area or National competition, a benefit of £150 is payable'.

They will reimburse you for the expenditure incurred by you, for example , in providing celebratory drinks, subject to reasonable proof of your expenditure AND they send you a voucher for the balance in excess of the drinks cost to the value of £150, for you to spend at the pro's shop.

At my club, they ran policy of supplying one bottle of whisky for dispensing in the clubhouse and they didn't charge you for it, but asked you to replace with a bottle of the same - thus keeping the cost down for all the members who were fortunate to get a hole in one. I think that I received a voucher for about £138 after buying the bottle of whisky.

Hi there

No it's nothing like the above, but thanks to all for volunteering information, and congratulations cheshiremusicman on the elusive HIO.

To clarify, we are staging a "one stoke, one hole contest", and want to insure our payout to anyone who actually makes a hole-in-one. This type of insurance is taken out regularly by tournament organisers to assist sponsors in meeting the bigger obligations in the event of payouts. There are insurers who take this risk for us, but I'm just trying to track them down in Thailand if poss.

As mentioned by bino, Lloyds might be the best bet.

Thanks everyone.

John

Take a look at the services offered by golforient.com Their website lists offices in Bangkok and Phuket.

One of the services listed on their corporate page

Let Golf Orient take all the hassle out of organising your company golf day or corporate golf event. We provide the following professional services:

Determine awards and prizes. Obtain “Hole in One” insurance. Choose items for participant “goodie bags”(i.e. tees, balls). Choose your official tournament shirt for participants. Choose your official tournament shirt for staff members. Arrange prize-giving and supply quality prizes for golf tournaments. Assist with prize-giving organisation.