Flooding

dingdongrb

I saw a couple News articles associated with the recent flooding in Chiang Rai but I am surprised there's no forum posts with hoards of pictures and videos.

I'm unsure how much is occurring in CR but Nan is being hit pretty bad with flooding and last night's rain didn't help any.

The locals I have talked with said it reminds them of the flooding that occurred about 19 years ago. 

Just a bit of the topic...  severe flooding in Mai Sai and surrounding areas.  We were there on Tuesday and it was a mess down in the lower market area.   Covered well in the Post and some other new sources online.  Darn little about it here.

There are at least 4 river flooding 500 villages effected and 12000 people out of there houses so temporary some need totally rebuilding. There are ar leat 4 deaths. Mae Sai flooded a yearly situation. Mae Chan market area flooded. The containment lake behind the weir in the Waterford valley overflowed  and Then very badly effected. ,ots of fund raising going on both private and municipal.

I live in the Waterford Valley for more than 12 years and never have seen this quite  level before. But minimal rain for the last two days has really been .helpful. 

This is all just my observation and take on it.

On 8/23/2024 at 9:41 AM, dingdongrb said:

Yes, AN seems to have gone downhill and sadly going down faster these last couple of years.

I find it wise not wasting my time over online political BS. 

Maybe you could write into management with some suggestions.

Anyway with climate change the way it is going there will be a lot more flooding.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...