OpenAI does not accept Thai Bank credit/debit cards?

Hi! I tried to register my Krungsri Bank debit card, but it failed. During the registration process, VISA confirmed that everything was okay by sending an OTP code, which I entered successfully. However, after the VISA confirmation window disappeared, I saw a small red pop-up with the message: 'Your card is declined!'.

I followed all the recommended steps in the OpenAI help topic, including clearing the cache and verifying my address, but nothing worked. OpenAI support is only available through the ChatGPT bot, and the conversation with it is unhelpful as it just repeats the same advice and apologizes for the inconvenience.

My card works perfectly with Google, Steam, and other services, so I don't understand why it's being declined here. This is the only card I can use, and the OpenAI bot refuses to provide any details about why it's being declined. Based on my experience, visiting the bank without specific details or documentation is pointless.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now