Conversion Of Tourist -> Non B + Wp

I've been told to convert my tourist visa to a Non Immigrant B and get a Work Permit I will need to present my educational documents. The documents will need to be certified.

Is this something that can be done by my embassy (UK)? Does anyone have any info on this, how long it takes? how much it costs?

In my previous job I had to provide a CV, which wasn't verified by anyone. However I didn't convert my visa, but applied for a new one outside the country.

Thanks.

The UK Embassy will not verify your educational qualifications. ( I called them but that was over 6 months ago. Things may have changed. )

If you graduated at a UNIVERSITY in the UK then you will need to contact that establishment and ask how to verify your qualifications.

If you obtained your degree at an establishment such as a Polytechnic, Tech college etc then you need to contact the OUVS..............Open University Verification Service. They now deal with all matters relating to colleges, polytechnics and certain universities. Cost is 10 UK pounds i believe. They have an online form service that you can download but you then have to physically post the letter. They do not yet have an online service for verification........only the forms.

Takes about 2-4 weeks.

Edited by stevemiddie