Sukhothai Leader Arrested for Job Bribe Scandal, Admits Guilt

snoop1130

336668827_1250444179190381_2538238008947319439_n.jpg

In Sukhothai, local administrative leader Narong (surname withheld) was apprehended yesterday for allegedly accepting bribes to secure job placements for residents' relatives but failing to deliver on his promises. This arrest follows an intensive investigation prompted by a complaint lodged with the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).

In 2016, Narong reportedly demanded 50,000 baht from a resident to facilitate a job placement for their relative within the local administration. Narong admitted to accepting the money but claimed he returned the entire sum upon realising he couldn't secure the promised position. The affected party, feeling misled, filed a complaint which led to the issuance of an arrest warrant by the Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Region 6.

Deputy Commissioner Jaruengkiat Pankaew ordered swift action, and Police Major General Prasong Chalampin, along with Colonel Sanuwong Kongkain, coordinated the arrest and investigation. Narong was detained by the Anti-Corruption Division (ACD) and handed over to the NACC for further legal proceedings.

Narong expressed surprise at his arrest, stating, "I did accept the money. However, when I couldn’t secure the position as promised, I returned the entire sum. I didn’t expect this to lead to my arrest."

The police underscored their commitment to combating corruption at all levels, stressing the importance of maintaining public trust and the integrity of local administrations. This incident underscores a broader crackdown on corruption to ensure a fair and transparent administrative system for all citizens.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-13

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Narong expressed surprise at his arrest, stating, "I did accept the money. However, when I couldn’t secure the position as promised, I returned the entire sum. I didn’t expect this to lead to my arrest."

Nuff said.... 

• Confused 1