American Football

Porky

I've never really understood Americans and their sports but do understand that football is football and not soccer.

American rugby, with protective gear (tossers?) , is not football as far as I know!

Edited by KireB

I've never really understood Americans and their sports but do understand that football is football and not soccer.

American rugby, with protective gear (tossers?) , is not football as far as I know!

It's not American Rugby, it's American Football. Were it rugby, you'd need a roster of 200 men, what with all the quadriplegics leaving the field.

is this the sport that takes all day to play? with about 15 minutes of actual playing with the ball

give me rugby any day a real mans game :o

No, American Fotball is rigiedly timed, Baseball on the other hand can go into extra innings and go on for many-many hours in needed...

Btw, I'm guessing there is no games played locally on any level? Just tossing some pigskin (no, not that one) would be kinda fun...

Edited by TAWP

Stupid game. Nearly as boring as baseball (mens rounders) and basketball (mens netball)

Not anti American , just anti daft American sports.

I used to enjoy all these sports at one time, but the crowds demands for greater "action" have destroyed them in my view. Professional American Football has become to violent in my view. It's laughable that it's compared to rugby. A rugby player would be beheaded on that field. American Professional Basketball has become a "streetball" exhibition. Rules like travelling, palming, offensive goaltending, 3 seconds in the key, are seldom enforced. It can be entertaining, but it's not really basketball. American Baseball, which I love has changed with fans tastes turning to "home run derbys". the quality of pitching leaguewide is abysmal and the designated hitter rule is a bad joke. College teams are more fun to watch these days.

Stupid game. Nearly as boring as baseball (mens rounders) and basketball (mens netball)

Now cricket is a boring sport that goes on for days. Still, the fact that people like it tells me that I just don't understand it enough to like it. The same could be said for you, although in your case it sounds like it is many sports you don't understand.

Now cricket is a boring sport that goes on for days. Still, the fact that people like it tells me that I just don't understand it enough to like it. The same could be said for you, although in your case it sounds like it is many sports you don't understand.

now..i pretend i didn't hear that! cricket is the most fantastic game...ever..

but i agree if you don't understand the rules it can be boring.

perhaps studying the rules would help! :o

now..i pretend i didn't hear that! cricket is the most fantastic game...ever..

but i agree if you don't understand the rules it can be boring.

perhaps studying the rules would help! :o

Have no idea what's going on in that game but any sport that's got a position called "Silly Mid Off" is ok by me. :D

Pre-season NFL scores (first week of pre-season games):

Chicago 20, Houston 19 (Go Bears!)

Green Bay 13, Pittsburgh 9

Miami 18, Jacksonville 17

Cleveland 16, Kansas City 12

Carolina 24, New York Giants 21

Washington 14, Tennessee 6

Detroit 27, Cincinnati 26

Dallas 23, Indianapolis 10

New York Jets 31, Atlanta 16

Tampa Bay 13, New England 10

St. Louis 13, Minnesota 10

Buffalo 13, New Orleans 10

What sports bars do you go to in order to see NFL games?

Go Seahawks. I love to play basketball, its a great game to play. I can't watch it on TV its not a watchs sport. Same with baseball great game can't watch. Now Football is not just a game, its more like 11 games inside of one. Alot of people can't watch NASCAR, but I love it. I have been watching NASCAR for 40 years. Start of this season UBC no NASCAR I no longer have UBC. Have to really get beyond just driving and understand the whole race picture. I think F1 would be better if they would open things up and let em race what they want to build an unlimited type of racing. AU football is also a great game.

Go Broncos!! :D:o:D

Elway is God. 'nuff said.

Elway WAS God (to you). Brady IS God now (to me, anyway).

Well, I guess I'm just showing my age. Then again, I was there when Craig Morton led the Broncos to their first superbowl. Regarding Brady, even though a great champion, I'm afraid he'll just be a footnote to Manning in the end.