Cannot connect to Bualuang iBanking (BKK Bank online app)

Acharn

For the last four days I haven't been able to connect to my bank account on my Linux desktop. I keep getting this (see attachment). I don't have any other problem connecting to web sites. I've used the program for at least five years and never had a problem since I got it set up. When I went to the bank branch, their computer was able to connect without problem, and I was able to transfer funds.

At unpredictable times I'm able to log in, and even set up a transfer, but when I try to proceed it tells me it can't find bangkokbank.com.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it? Otherwise I need help from someone who is really good at troubleshooting the Internet.

Screenshot from 2024-09-18 09-56-08.png

Try different browser ?

without seeing the actual error message, your pc and the server could not complete  the TLS handshake to get the “secure” connection. 
Are you using a vpn by chance?

It may just be traffic congestion on the path to their server, their server is overloaded, or something similar. If it was working fine before, was there an update to your browser about that time or any package updates on linux ?

it could be they did an update and something is misconfigured on their end. Definitely let their IT folks know.

Regarding the “cannot find” message, that is a DNS server lookup issue. Could be a time-out.  Who are you using for your default DNS server  ip address .? 
is it your ISP or someone like cloudflare, quad9, google, etc ?

Edited by degrub
  • Thanks 1

Noj, I don't use a vpn. I've thought of setting up OpenVPN, but haven't done it yet (it looks hard). I get exactly the same results in Chromium as in Firefox, so it isn't browser-dependent.

Three days ago I tried calling 3BB (my isp) Call Center, and they found nothing wrong with their line and my connection, but I plan to go to their office in Nakorn Sawan tomorrow and try harder.

I feel like something has been corrupted, probably in my computer. I don't have an anti-virus program, because Linux. I'm currently looking up how to check my SSL security certificates.

There's nothing I know of on my computer except the browser bookmark to Bualuang iBanking that I can uninstall and reinstall. I've tried searching (I use Qwant) for the address and connecting from the search page, but the results are the same. The bank's call center checked their record of my account and found nothing, but the first thing that came to my mind four days ago is that something on the Internet is blocking my ip address from making the connection.

7 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Noj, I don't use a vpn. I've thought of setting up OpenVPN, but haven't done it yet (it looks hard). I get exactly the same results in Chromium as in Firefox, so it isn't browser-dependent.

Three days ago I tried calling 3BB (my isp) Call Center, and they found nothing wrong with their line and my connection, but I plan to go to their office in Nakorn Sawan tomorrow and try harder.

I feel like something has been corrupted, probably in my computer. I don't have an anti-virus program, because Linux. I'm currently looking up how to check my SSL security certificates.

There's nothing I know of on my computer except the browser bookmark to Bualuang iBanking that I can uninstall and reinstall. I've tried searching (I use Qwant) for the address and connecting from the search page, but the results are the same. The bank's call center checked their record of my account and found nothing, but the first thing that came to my mind four days ago is that something on the Internet is blocking my ip address from making the connection.

Providing your data is safe (external hard drive or cloud service) the simplest solution may be to instal a different Linux distro. Personally, I favour MX Linux and Linux Mint. A reinstall of the same distro you are already using might do the trick too.

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I had a similar problem on Monday afternoon about 2:15 pm. just after I did a transfer to KBank from my BBK account using MS and Google. It was like that for the rest of Monday but I have just logged in now and it is OK.

Thanks for your information. It sounds as though it isn't a problem with the OP's operating system.

• Like 1