Hi - can I get BAYER 81mg here?

bangadang

You don't need Bayer....you can use any 81 mg dose of aspirin. There have been threads on here claiming it is available. I would like to take it, but I have never seen it anywhere, although I live in the Boonies. Maybe it is available through cardiologists in hospitals. Sheryl will know the true story. 

Does anyone know why they don't sell Aspirin 300-500mg at  7/11, Big C, Family Mart (now TOPS)  any more  they all used to sell Bayer in a pack of 10  for about 20 baht , but  for years now nowhere to be found... not just Bayer brand but any brand of Aspirin  no explanation as to what happened.

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

Does anyone know why they don't sell Aspirin 300-500mg at  7/11, Big C, Family Mart (now TOPS)  any more  they all used to sell Bayer in a pack of 10  for about 20 baht , but  for years now nowhere to be found... not just Bayer brand but any brand of Aspirin  no explanation as to what happened.

Patients over self-medicating with aspirin in case of Dengue Fever.

Conclusions: Aspirin is not usually prescribed for dengue fever because of bleeding complications,

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/38935956/

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, johng said:

Aspirin is a category D drug which requires thst a first grade pharmacist be on the prrmises at all times it is sold. Obviously not possible at 7-11 etc.

Paracetemol on thd other hand is category NDD which does not carry this requirement.

The reason being that use of aspirin for some fevers (e.g. in dengue) can lead to serious complications. 

• Like 1

they made some weird pill w/staggering dosage of Aspirin buffered with Mg(OH)<<< (that must be below (555)) as preventive medication for many cardio issues and prevent that nasty bleeding.