Krabi mother scammed twice while trying to bail out son

webfact

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

What's a mule account?

I believe it's a legitimate bank account that is opened up for the purpose of money laundering. 

The person opening the account is the mule,  similar to drug mules but in this instance it's money instead of drugs. 

The illegal types then may pay the mule for opening an account for them using his/her details.  

1 minute ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I believe it's a legitimate bank account that is opened up for the purpose of money laundering. 

The person opening the account is the mule,  similar to drug mules but in this instance it's money instead of drugs. 

The illegal types then may pay the mule for opening an account for them using his/her details.  

Is the crime opening the account, or accepting monies from other persons and then making transfers?

This would seem to be a very difficult crime to spot in the first place.

Also, why wouldn't the young man just roll over on his confederates? Or why wouldn't they pay his bail and get him away before he rolls on them?

Corruption and scammers everywhere you look. Unfortunately, it is common practice in Thailand that you can use “money under the table payments” to buy some shortcuts or relief in the official legal system.

8 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

In the US, the uneducated vote Democrat. 

American politics in non American political threads should result in an instant ban from that forum. You're uneducated if you think it has a place in this thread. 

9 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

He opened a mule account to facilitate anothers scam, and his mother gets scammed bailing him... Karma at work

Well, the story is that while being given a job in a restaurant, he needed to open a new account. Suspicious to you and I, but to an uneducated Thai that's desperate for a job, perhaps not. If that part of the story is true, which it may or not be. 

1 hour ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Yes.

For example, with a mule account the real holder of it can sell things on facebook that don't exist, and get paid into that account. Sell drugs, fake investments, fake car down payments etc. All in the mule's bank name, not theirs.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You don't seem to know that Democratic voters tend to be college educated, whereas Trump voters are not.

College educated does not give you common sense. They are be indoctrinated into Marxism and Communism.  You should know better.  Does Harris seem educated to you?   Not me. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

In the US, the uneducated vote Democrat.  I do feel sad for this woman.  She needs help.  Bet the money did not come from a bank loan either.

It didn't take long to come out with that B/S comment of a Republican.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thaipo7 said:

College educated does not give you common sense. They are be indoctrinated into Marxism and Communism.  You should know better.  Does Harris seem educated to you?   Not me. 

Your statement was that the uneducated vote Democrat.

Now you seem to admit that you were wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Is the crime opening the account, or accepting monies from other persons and then making transfers?

This would seem to be a very difficult crime to spot in the first place.

Also, why wouldn't the young man just roll over on his confederates? Or why wouldn't they pay his bail and get him away before he rolls on them?

The crime is opening an account for someone else.  In Bangkok there are signs all over the BTS stations warning Thai people not to open mule accounts.  Same goes for cell phone accounts, since they are trying to crack down on SIM cards used by scammers.