Hi Fi repairers (recommendation)

CarlBkk

I've had a few pieces of hifi that needed repair.  The latest is a 90s Sony SCD1...a huge CD/SACD player which was top of the range at 5000 GBP I think.  A nightmare to get parts for and even take apart.  The other item was a Meridian MSR remote control that stopped operating after daughter dropped it on the floor!

I took them to P&P Audio (3rd floor of Fortune) whose technician repaired my Meridian CD player drawer a few years ago.  They kept the items for over 2 weeks and no joy at the end, with them saying they needed new parts...but couldn't tell me what parts.  I go the impression the technician couldn't be arsed to look at them properly.

So I found another place...a really nice cheap in Rangsit operating from home.  Watt Audio Handcraft is the name (found on facebook).  Long drive, but within 24 hours the guy had fixed both.  People ask regularly where to get audio repaired, so I feel I must recommend this guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/30/2024 at 4:47 PM, CarlBkk said:

I've had a few pieces of hifi that needed repair.  The latest is a 90s Sony SCD1...a huge CD/SACD player which was top of the range at 5000 GBP I think.  A nightmare to get parts for and even take apart.  The other item was a Meridian MSR remote control that stopped operating after daughter dropped it on the floor!

I took them to P&P Audio (3rd floor of Fortune) whose technician repaired my Meridian CD player drawer a few years ago.  They kept the items for over 2 weeks and no joy at the end, with them saying they needed new parts...but couldn't tell me what parts.  I go the impression the technician couldn't be arsed to look at them properly.

So I found another place...a really nice cheap in Rangsit operating from home.  Watt Audio Handcraft is the name (found on facebook).  Long drive, but within 24 hours the guy had fixed both.  People ask regularly where to get audio repaired, so I feel I must recommend this guy.

Thanks, my schiit modi gave up last week, I have others but schiit gear looks great on my desk. 

CD players? Who has them these days? I sold some gear from my stash in the UK last week. I sold a technics amp for a prize, apparently it is a much sought after model in retro hifi circles but I could only get 20 quid for a CD player.