Meal On Boat Along Chao Phaya River?

dazzab

G'day,

A friend and his Mrs. are arriving from the UK soon and have seen on a travel show that thai meals can be taken on boats that cruise up and down the river.

Living in CMai I know nothing about BKK, can anybody tell me where these trips depart from and how to book them?

Cheers

I took the boat from the Riverside Hotel last month. The buffet boat left at 7:30 and the price was 800 Bt per head. The pay-per-dish boat left at 8:00 and our total bill was only about 500 bt for two. I am not advocating being a cheapskate, I actually thought the price was going to be a lot more. It is a really good option if you have a big family with you.

As mentioned, other finer hotels have probably better dinner cruises; but Riverside Hotel definately gets it done for the masses.

The wife and I did one of the dinner / entertainment cruises whilst in BKK a few months ago. The buffet dinner was good. There was some traditional Thai dancing and then a diso. All in all a very good night and something Im sure your friends will enjoy. :o

The wife and I did one of the dinner / entertainment cruises whilst in BKK a few months ago. The buffet dinner was good. There was some traditional Thai dancing and then a diso. All in all a very good night and something Im sure your friends will enjoy. :o

I did this boat cruise before with buffet. I don't remember the cost because a friend arranged everything but it was very well worth it, and an excellent time. Seeing the temples along the river at night is great.

The Riverside Bangkok is just downstream from the Khrung Thon bridge (the other side of the bridge from the well-known River Bar) and is well worth it. The 8pm boat is 120B/person to get on and has a good menu that isn't expensive. It goes a long way down the river then turns round and comes back a bit faster, returning at 10.30pm. Upstairs is about 40ft wide and there's planty of room. Try to get a table near the edge, but don't worry if you can't. Wine's not cheap and they only have Singha and Chang I think. There's a dance floor or something downstairs, but what's the point of being inside unless it's raining.

Have a good evening.

I've taken the Horizon River Cruise from the Shangri-La Hotel, it costs 1900/person and that doesn't include drinks. Their boat is quite impressive, with either outdoor seating or indoors w/ AC. Buffet is quite extensive, cruise lasts 2 hours. I don't believe you need be a guest at the hotel to book the cruise.