Urgent: Pharmacies that sell HIV PrEP in Bangkok (Sukhumvit area)

Sandboxer

31 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

No it is not. Please do not promote the claim.

You are misinterpreting the data. You are ignoring the reality that HIV is  more likely in people with a concurrent STI. 

Also, all drugs have side effects and the HIV preventative treatments have a long list of adverse reactions and side effects.

The pills will probably be obsolete soon.  There is already an every other month shot (Apretude) approved in several countries including the US. This one only needs one shot every 6 months.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/a-twice-yearly-injection-against-hiv-offers-stunning-protection-experts-say

Edited by shdmn
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

A home HIV test kit is not a substitute for a proper blood test.  The reason why the diagnosis of negative infection must be confirmed is that the medication is dangerous and ineffective in already infected people.

In respect to your condition of being unable to achieve an erection while using a condom, take it as a warning sign. You most likely have a circulatory condition. Smoking and obesity are contributing factors. Suggest you have a proper physical exam including blood tests to measure triglycerides, cholesterol, and others. High cholesterol level  goes hand in hand with erectile dysfunction.

best of luck.

Yearly CBC + full panel incl HIV, overall health is good. Non smoker/moderate drinker, slightly overweight but not overly so. Age 55, no major problems. I've actually had a psych consult about this issue years ago and was told that some men just have such a strong aversion to condoms that it can manifest physiologically. Similar to white coat syndrome/blood pressure.

The Abbot rapid test is basically 100% accurate.

https://supply.unicef.org/s0004027.html

As for your link above - good data, but I have problems with the term "general population" - I am, again, an infrequent user of on-demand PrEP. 

So your (IMO) exaggerated warning of the dangers, while appreciated and well meant, is more or less not of much consequence for me specifically.

In any case, I can appreciate the civil and articulate conversation. 

Edited by Sandboxer