True Visions / Football Coverage

percy2

I know there are quite a few threads re True and premier football already, but this is about the game thats just about to be played.

There was a build up scheduled (using the on screen TV guide) for the CS on CH65 17.30-18.00pm but when I flicked it on only surfing.

So far I cannot see where they will be televising the CS.

Anybody know which channel what time?

Its not promising for the upcoming season :o

Cheers

The apartment I'm currently in already shows game previews, right now it's about Chelsea rise to power, Zola, Abramovich, Morinho - the whole nine yards.

I suspect it's not ESPN as shown on True, however, I think they have Malaysian Astro package.

Or yes, it is, the ads are all in Malay. Jackie Chan goofing around for Visa.

Edited by Plus

It's as if True deliberately go out of their way to annoy the English speaking audience.

They're just a really crap monopoly who don't care.

Thai TV coverage is really annoying now. Eight adverts in the first 20 minutes. They have just shown an advert advertising True's coverage of Premiership football -in the middle of a live <deleted> game! These TV producers are crap, they have absolutely no idea about football coverage.

True, or any Thai TV station getting hold of football is just a nightmare.

I'm not sure about next Saturday now - I won't believe it until I see it...will True show adverts during the game?

I'm gonna give it up and go and watch a gun smoking violent film with all the swearing and smoking cut out...

Was there a half time report?

Here, on Malaysian Astro, everything is as usual with John Dykes and Co. and best moments and all.

Makes me wonder - I know I can buy a satellite dish and point it to Astro, but how easy it is to get their SIM card and keep their package updated?

Our famous J-sat doesn't provide this kind of information on their website. Very useful to know.

The only downside is that Malaysian ads are truly truly brainless, not a spark of creativity, not a touch of brightness.

I spoke with True during the 20 mins of no English commentary.

They confirmed it was a technical problem, which was resolved during the conversation.

Their tele/service person confirmed that throughout this season ESPN and StarSports coverage will continue to show Premiere League football including build ups and highlights & 1/2 time reports.

Hope so :o

Cheers

Since I've been in Thailand, I've only ever had a problem with True/UBC, so I don't trust them or think they are well run/managed. Last night was a fiasco and took 20 mins to sort out.

I won't believe True until I see it on Saturday. I really hope it goes OK.

Well the coverage on ESPN last night was generally ok and the pre match , half time and post match all same as before.

Had English commentary of the game uninterrupted, and with the remote could put on the Thai commentary.

No interruption for ad's during the game.

There was a delay in getting the English commentary which was clearly a technical problem as before it was fixed got the crowd noise, no commentary.

My understanding is that from when the Premiership starts it will not be on the ESPN or Star channels but only on channels available for those with Gold or Platinum packages, and the question then : want to know if the pre and post show etc be with the likes of John Dykes etc?

In otherwords the ESPN/Star feed of all the coverage but on Gold/Platinum only channels???

Is that what they told Percy2, above?

According to the trueMagazine ESPN/Star will not show the football on their channels.

Though the magazine mentions pre-show etc, so maybe that means Dykes and so on.......?

Well the coverage on ESPN last night was generally ok and the pre match , half time and post match all same as before.

Had English commentary of the game uninterrupted, and with the remote could put on the Thai commentary.

No interruption for ad's during the game.

There was a delay in getting the English commentary which was clearly a technical problem as before it was fixed got the crowd noise, no commentary.

My understanding is that from when the Premiership starts it will not be on the ESPN or Star channels but only on channels available for those with Gold or Platinum packages, and the question then : want to know if the pre and post show etc be with the likes of John Dykes etc?

In otherwords the ESPN/Star feed of all the coverage but on Gold/Platinum only channels???

Is that what they told Percy2, above?

According to the trueMagazine ESPN/Star will not show the football on their channels.

Though the magazine mentions pre-show etc, so maybe that means Dykes and so on.......?

ESPN/SS are only available on Gold/Platinum packages.

So in theory you wouldn't be getting anything for nothing.

They clearly told me all coverage of premiership including John Dykes and the goons would be available. ESPN/SS would not be affected at all.

Whether you believe that or not is a separate issue :o

Cheers

I've got the magazine here...

On ESPN and Star sports Saturday, the listings finish at 21.20 (Baseball) and 20.30 (masters). So who knows if any pre match coverage will be available from these channels.

As ever, it's a guessing game with True.

I got the August Magazine in front of me,

ESPN D65 and Star Sports D66 show no live football etc for Saturday 11 August onwards.

(remember Community Shield is not Premiership)

For 11 August only D61 and D63 give live English games.

There is mention in the magazine of Live( pre show?) and Club tv and "final score", so I assume it is Dykes etc and the others (who talk too much in my opinion).

U can check the True Magazine schedules on line.

But it may be that I am wrong and since the time of the magazine its all changed again.....

Anyone else know?!

Cheers!

Edited by R123

Check out the ESPN/Star Sports TV Lisings page at

http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/tvtimes_index.jsp

Enter country as Thailand and you will find that there is no live premiership matches scheduled. Enter country as Malaysia and there they all are, the same as they were last season.

My understanding is that ESPN on TrueVisions in Thailand will be showing the Football Focus/Football Forecast/Football Crazy programmes, but not the live matches. TrueVisions is stating that these are exclusive to their own channels.

Of course we all have to wait till Saturday to see what really happens, not least what screen format are we going to get, normal sized people, or stick-men because the wide screen format has been squeezed into a 4:3 format for Thai viewers.

Edited by thaireg