Apple Ipad swipe gesture ...go back

Kenny202

New to Ipad and cant for the life of me find a back button or back gesture to go back a step or previous screen. Used to Android where they either have a back button or swipe left. I know the home button clears everything and takes you back to home page but how can I swipe in an app to just go back one step? Any help appreciated

28 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

New to Ipad and cant for the life of me find a back button or back gesture to go back a step or previous screen. Used to Android where they either have a back button or swipe left. I know the home button clears everything and takes you back to home page but how can I swipe in an app to just go back one step? Any help appreciated

It depends on the app you are using. If it in safari then the back button is at the top left, the second one. The first opens the left side bar. 
If you have a home button then it will take you to your Home Screen, it doesn’t clear everything, at least not on my iPad and very few iPads have a home button 

It maybe that you have an older iPad or are running an older version of iOS it will be useful to confirm the iPad and iOS version you are using 

current iOS version, the back button is under the day, the forward button is grayed out as this page is the last.

IMG_1621.jpeg.2287f116d58e8661bb7e86ebc5e2d412.jpegion 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It depends on the app you are using. If it in safari then the back button is at the top left, the second one. The first opens the left side bar. 
If you have a home button then it will take you to your Home Screen, it doesn’t clear everything, at least not on my iPad

It maybe that you have an older iPad or are running an older version of iOS it will be useful to confirm the iPad and iOS version you are using 

current iOS version, the back button is under the day, the forward button is grayed out as this page is the last.

IMG_1621.jpeg.2287f116d58e8661bb7e86ebc5e2d412.jpegion 

Latest version OS 18.01. Just googling it seems there are no gestures for universal back button. Just whatever the app provides which is a big stretch to the top left of the screen. Probably ok if you are holding it with 2 hands

One other thing, I notice when downloading apps for the app store, whether free or not it comes up "processing payment". Is there actually a warning if you are really going to be charged for an app?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

One other thing, I notice when downloading apps for the app store, whether free or not it comes up "processing payment". Is there actually a warning if you are really going to be charged for an app?

Yes, there are several.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thumbs Up 1

An iPad will have a longer "life span" then the iphone scam. Not that the iphones break but after 3 or 4 years of normal use and misuse !!...on the iPhone, the battrery charge will dwindle and often not finish the entire day. Web or app browsing will slow and there will be glitches. iPad is nice but the iPhone is a real scam and seems to be programmed not to last after a couple of iOS updates.

Also never buy an iphone outside your country of residence as the warranty or Apple Care is drafted on a tricky basis that makes it valid only in one's country of residence.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

An iPad will have a longer "life span" then the iphone scam. Not that the iphones break but after 3 or 4 years of normal use and misuse !!...on the iPhone, the battrery charge will dwindle and often not finish the entire day. Web or app browsing will slow and there will be glitches. iPad is nice but the iPhone is a real scam and seems to be programmed not to last after a couple of iOS updates.

Also never buy an iphone outside your country of residence as the warranty or Apple Care is drafted on a tricky basis that makes it valid only in one's country of residence.

To take your point one by one.

Batteries; all batteries and devices using them have a life span, it used to be about 300~500 charge cycles before 80%, the current Apple devices have extended that to over 1,000 charge cycles. Premium phones use the same technology, cheaper ones have the 300 cycles life. 

Charging behaviour and battery temperatures also have an effect on lifespan.

as to the battery life; 

3 or 4 years of normal use and misuse the battrery charge will dwindle and often not finish the entire day.

That is expected behaviour and shows that it is time to replace the battery, for all supported phones Apple has a lower cost option for battery replacement that guarantees that all functions will work. Third parties can do a replacement cheaper but the battery will not be as good and some functions may not work.

As to the Apple warranty it is world wide 

If the product is portable, meaning that it can operate independently without a power cord, you may obtain warranty service worldwide. However, service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. If the product is not portable, warranty service may be restricted to the country where the product is purchased. Service options, parts availability and response times will vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. In accordance with applicable law, Apple may require that you furnish proof of purchase details and/or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service. Please refer to the accompanying documentation for more details on this and other matters on obtaining warranty service.

however the AppleCare+ is not, see 10.(d) it is plainly written not tricky.

IMG_1634.jpeg.84f8c3aea9dc705ce5d59bf374887ee1.jpeg

14 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

iPhone is a real scam and seems to be programmed not to last after a couple of iOS updates.

No scam, your claim or impression is not true there are many iPhones in current use long after Apple has stopped releasing iOS updates and long after equivalent android devices have not only no system updates but programs now fail.

On 10/13/2024 at 5:43 AM, Kenny202 said:

Latest version OS 18.01. Just googling it seems there are no gestures for universal back button. Just whatever the app provides which is a big stretch to the top left of the screen. Probably ok if you are holding it with 2 hands

In iOS and iPadOS the left-pointing chevron is the standard icon for navigating back to the previous screen. You'll see it a lot.