Opting out a teaching job before the term starts

Hello! I need your advice.

I was recently offered a job in a private school. No contract signed yet, just a LINE message saying I got the job. I never been to the school after the interview but i've been communicating about the free housing and such. Will I get in trouble if I decide to back out before the term starts?

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Tejj33 said:

Hello! I need your advice.

I was recently offered a job in a private school. No contract signed yet, just a LINE message saying I got the job. I never been to the school after the interview but i've been communicating about the free housing and such. Will I get in trouble if I decide to back out before the term starts?

Thanks!

Back out of what?

No agreement yet, no signed contract.

If you know you're not going to accept the position, let them know as soon as possible so they can find another vict, i mean, teacher.

I am still waiting for an offer from another school. I am planning to actually tell then this week and find a replacement.

I am just wondering if they can do something to me even if I didnt sign a contract yet.

19 minutes ago, Tejj33 said:

I am still waiting for an offer from another school. I am planning to actually tell then this week and find a replacement.

I am just wondering if they can do something to me even if I didnt sign a contract yet.

Any special reason you have posted this two times in two different forums, even bumping a two year old thread?  Seems like the school will be better off without you. 

markusss · Started December 22, 2023

Edited by marin
  • Agree 1

Sorry, I thought this post was not posted. 

I am just seeking advice from seasoned teacher here.

Nothing wrong with that. And my reason for not accepting is valid as well. 

Edited by Tejj33