I bet this will surprise you ! - chatgpt users

CharlieH

Do you use Chatgpt on a regular basis?

If you do, try asking it this ;

"Based on our interactions, what do you know about me?"

I'll bet you will be surprised ! 

I was amazed just how much detailed and accurate information it knew.

• Like 1

In this day and age of Information Gathering, to believe that any data you enter online isn't being retained, especially by self-learning AI bots designed for that purpose is absurd.

That said, the data it collects on most of us may be trivial, but it adds up quickly for daily AI users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use/try mostly two AIs.

One is Perplexity, I am not logged in. It does not use any information about any previous questions which I asked - except if I ask a few related questions in a row.

I also use/try MS Copilot. That remembers me and things I asked.

I think it's good to have both options. With Copilot I get more personalized answers with less input from me now. Because it remembers what I asked before. 

• Like 1

I remember an interview, I think it was with Lex Fridman, where an AI expert suggested that in the near future many of us will have hightly personalized AI personal assistants.

I.e. if we would tell the assistant: "Order pizza for dinner" then this assistant would know without any extra input when to order what from where, how to pay it, etc.

Such a system could be very helpful in many ways.

But obviously it could also be scary it misued. 

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I use/try mostly two AIs.

One is Perplexity, I am not logged in. It does not use any information about any previous questions which I asked - except if I ask a few related questions in a row.

I also use/try MS Copilot. That remembers me and things I asked.

I think it's good to have both options. With Copilot I get more personalized answers with less input from me now. Because it remembers what I asked before. 

I find it really useful and just like an assistant ad I don't need to repeat associated details. 

If I am tracking diet as an example, it knows what "breakfast" contains, it knows my exercise routine and so on.

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

if we would tell the assistant: "Order pizza for dinner" then this assistant would know without any extra input when to order what from where, how to pay it, etc.

This would be great for quadriplegics and such. Personally I don’t want anything doing any thinking for me, the more dependent we are on ancillaries to do the thinking for us and over doing convenience, the weaker our mental capacity becomes, certainly there’s a balance but too much is a stepping in reverse.

13 minutes ago, novacova said:

the more dependent we are on ancillaries to do the thinking for us and over doing convenience, the weaker our mental capacity becomes

Maybe that's the agenda behind the whole AI thing

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Do you use Chatgpt on a regular basis?

If you do, try asking it this ;

"Based on our interactions, what do you know about me?"

I'll bet you will be surprised ! 

I was amazed just how much detailed and accurate information it knew.

Which AI ChatGPT are you using?

My experience with various platforms is that they compartmentalize chats, and in the case of OpenAI the history used to answer your test question is rather limited - which is not to say that all chats aren't used for training.