Why Tot Sucks

ozymandious

I had been out of the country for the first 2 weeks of July on holiday and forgot to pay my TOT phone/ADSL

I went to my local TOT office (in Central Phuket) to pay my bill.

Upon presenting my bill and offering them money at the same time they say "can not."

I ask "Why not?"

"Oh, our line is down."

TIT

TOT's wonderful service and reliability continues to amaze :o

I had been out of the country for the first 2 weeks of July on holiday and forgot to pay my TOT phone/ADSL

Upon presenting my bill and offering them money at the same time they say "can not."

I ask "Why not?"

"Oh, our line is down."

TIT

Idiot central billing. Each are should bill and take it's own money. Lines to a central computer are not needed except by the brainless. But perhaps nobody can operate a cash register.

Guest Reimar

I ask "Why not?"

"Oh, our line is down."

TIT

I don't know but in Samut Prakarn and Bangkok you can delay for nearly 2 month with to pay the phone bills before they cut the line!

May in Phuket it's different but I realy don't think so! may you "forget" to pay an other old bill as well?!

I'll need to check my back receipts but i'm pretty sure that I did pay it for June.

They were claiming 2 months but I wanted to get back up online right away so if I over pay I'll take a credit for next month.

the invoice siad I had untill the 7th to pay but they did cut my phone any way.

Paid the bill yesterday and have phone service but still no ADSL. Left hand doen't know what the right hand is doing here.

Am I wrong in assuming that all is needed is to send a computer comand to oppen up the signal/port/what-ever to get me bakc on line? I call the TOT hotline each time (1100) and frequently they seem unable to do anythnig remotly and all problems/technical assistance nees to be forwarded on to Phuket.

I should probably get the number for down here and be pestering them.

Guest Reimar
I'll need to check my back receipts but i'm pretty sure that I did pay it for June.

They were claiming 2 months but I wanted to get back up online right away so if I over pay I'll take a credit for next month.

the invoice siad I had untill the 7th to pay but they did cut my phone any way.

Paid the bill yesterday and have phone service but still no ADSL. Left hand doen't know what the right hand is doing here.

Am I wrong in assuming that all is needed is to send a computer comand to oppen up the signal/port/what-ever to get me bakc on line? I call the TOT hotline each time (1100) and frequently they seem unable to do anythnig remotly and all problems/technical assistance nees to be forwarded on to Phuket.

I should probably get the number for down here and be pestering them.

Call to 1177 follow by your line number and you'll come to the right (ADSL) service of TOT!

By the way, it can be also an older unpaid bill which they want to charge. So the best way is to sort all your paid bills in order and than place them on the table of the TOT office and let them explain but be sure you have the receipt of payment for all!

Again, for ADSL service call to 1177 follow by your number!

Call to 1177 follow by your line number and you'll come to the right (ADSL) service of TOT!

Great Tip Thank you!

I still laught at them not being able to accept my money because their "line was down" :o but I also cry a little on the insid too... :D

Although TOT Internet is relatively expensive, when compared to TRUE or Buddy ... at least their connection stays 'up' for long periods of time. :o

PS. I leave the woman to pay the bills, which is only fair seeing as they are in her name.

TOT is a joke, they stopped our phone line because we missed 2 payments of 107 baht a month (we were out of town). We tried to pay at the TOT office here, but they are not connected to the TOT there (uprovince). Finally had some time off work to take the 3 bus 6 hour journey and they closed the office in our district so we had to ride our motorbike 30 kms. Told them we dont want the phone line if we cant pay it from where i work. Had to pay at one office, then go to another to cancel the line.

Where we are staying now, outside BKK about 40 mins, my TOT internet has been on and off over the last 2 weeks, mnore off than on. I've made several phone calls to talk about which lights AREN'T on on my router.

/END RANT