Expatriate Group health insurance?

deptrai

Please let me know if you have any claims experiences with this company.  Trustpilot reviews look (mostly) good.

From what I can tell in my limited research, the policy terms are clear and fit my needs.  Even their 13 page "Policy Wording" document is accessible and seem more reasonable than others.

Expatriatehealthcare dot com

This company is an intermediary and not an insurance company. To its credit it is regulated by the FCA in the UK and they state that they would extend FCA protections on a voluntary basis to those who would not normally come within its scope.

I believe they operate for the most part as a managing general agency for one particular insurer, although they do state they may use others in certain instances. An MGA usually has underwriting and claims-paying authority on behalf of the insurer with which they have their agreement.

Drilling down into the policy wording, Expatriate Group does divulge the name and location of the insurance company that insures their plans: 

Guardrisk Insurance Company Mauritius Ltd PCC,
authorised and regulated by the FSC in Mauritius (Registration
number: C142417/C1/GBL).

Here's a link to one of Expatriate Group's webpages that gives some info on Guardrisk in terms of size and Moody's credit ratings:

https://www.expatriatehealthcare.com/information/underwriters/

I see that Guardrisk is rated Ba2 on a global scale by Moody's. This rating is stated by Moody's as non-investment grade or speculative.

I don't have any insight into this company's claims-paying attitude.

• Thanks 1