Tell me why Pattaya to BKK by his

georgegeorgia

14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I remember the good ole days when I thought it was cool to ride songtowhs

It's still cool. 

I've got a few Aussie mates come visit every year.

The boys like packing a few beers in the esky and go cruising, always a pretty chick to checkout on your journey. 🍺

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's still cool. 

I've got a few Aussie mates come visit every year.

The boys like packing a few beers in the esky and go cruising, always a pretty chick to checkout on your journey. 🍺

You're talking joy riding in a private one. I can see that being fun.

10 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You're talking joy riding in a private one. I can see that being fun.

No, the boys hop on the 10 baht public baht buses on beach road. 

They behave themselves. 

They also like to rent a side car motorbike, pack the esky, get the girlfriend to drive and go cruising around town. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I have often witnessed people doing the most incredibly stupid things and wondered, WTF ,we all have, but I don't get inspired to  start threads over it.  Not enough hours in the day for one thing.  

But maybe you're right , I think I need to get out a bit more

It is people starting threads that keep this forum going, and although there is the odd headbanger, the vast majority of posters are very helpful, especially with me living upcountry with no other farangs near me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2024 at 8:25 AM, georgegeorgia said:

One of my interests is why people travel from Pattaya to Bangkok to save a pittance 

Again this morning in my Hotel I watched a retired couple from the USA complete with pushing their luggage bags order a Grab to take them to the North Pattaya bus station to go to Bangkok 

I actually heard him say to the reception would he have to order another Grab when he got to Bangkok to go to the hotel there or could they get the SkyTrain 

I'm thinking why? Why don't you just pay 1200 baht for a taxi car door to door ?

How much are you saving ,so let's look at it.

Grab probably 70-90  baht to bus station 

Bus to Bangkok 200 baht each ?

Then when they get to Bangkok another Grab -150-200 baht ?

So they saved 600 baht 

Please tell me if that's worth it and why do you travel by bus 

The bus ride to BKK from Pattaya is a very pleasant experience. If you're staying near Ekkamae, it makes total sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of my interests is why people travel from Pattaya to Bangkok to save a pittance 

Again this morning in my Hotel I watched a retired couple from the USA complete with pushing their luggage bags order a Grab to take them to the North Pattaya bus station to go to Bangkok 

I actually heard him say to the reception would he have to order another Grab when he got to Bangkok to go to the hotel there or could they get the SkyTrain 

I'm thinking why? Why don't you just pay 1200 baht for a taxi car door to door ?

How much are you saving ,so let's look at it.

Grab probably 70-90  baht to bus station 

Bus to Bangkok 200 baht each ?

Then when they get to Bangkok another Grab -150-200 baht ?

So they saved 600 baht 

Please tell me if that's worth it and why do you travel by bus 

because not everybody is a crypto millionaire like you ?

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2024 at 9:25 PM, georgegeorgia said:

You proceed from a false assumption.  Many do not travel that way just to save a pittance.  Many just ravel that way for many reasons.

In my case, I only have a light carry on and I enjoy a bus ride and looking out the window.  The bus from pattaya north station to Ekamai is fine with me and gets me to a BTS station.  I am never in a hurry when on vacation.  I rarely have a hotel in mind and in advance and would always want to see the exact room first before I pay.  Also, often I am just wanting to get to or near a BTS station as I then poke around Bangkok.  And since the rail links opened and I am in no hurry I am quite content to take the bus then to the BTS and the rail link to the BKK airport.  I of course have taken a taxi a few times from my Pattaya hotel to the BKK airport if my flight is an early one or a late one and the busses are not running. But the last 7 trips I plan ahead and book flights that arrive and depart during the daytime when busses are running

• Thumbs Up 1

And if using Bell bus service they send a mini van to your hotel and pick you up and take you to the North Pattaya bus station and there you take their bus to the airport.  Or of course just hop on a moto taxi .  I only have one carry on that is very portable and the bus works fine for me.  It is part of the experience even after 15 visits

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

The OP claims in another post that Thailand is too expensive for him.

Why the hell don't you just up and move to Cambodia then? Or Vietnam?

Stop with the sob stories here mate.

He doesn't even live here, he's just on holiday whereby every time he comes he complains about everything. 

• Haha 1