Am I Blacklisted?

In Pattaya last month I did a stupid thing; I took a towel from a hotel. The police were called and I was arrested. I was taken to court the next day and fined 1,000 baht, then handed over to Immigration. I was deported a few days later.

There is now a red stamp in my passport stating that I was deported. Can you please tell me if I will be allowed to come back to Thailand anytime soon?

Wednesday, July 14, 2004 David Morris, UK.

“Usually, under Thai law, you would not only be fined for theft but would be sent to jail, but perhaps in your case, as a first offender, you were put on probation.

The red stamp indicates that you contravened Immigration Law Section 12. There are many paragraphs in this section, but I imagine that in your case the red stamp means that you are a menace to society.

If there is a red stamp in your passport you will not be allowed into Thailand ever again. ”

Wednesday, July 14, 2004 Pol Col Vittavat Buranasompop, Superintendent, Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/issuesanswers...ails.asp?id=723

Sorry to hear that news mate, really sh#te. I dont have a clue as to what you should do but I tried putting myself in your shoes and the only thing I could think of was to report your passport as being stolen in the UK. When you get the new one maybe it will not have the red stamp or whatever. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on this forum could tell you. Only thing is they may have a record of it on their computer. But you know how these things are - with a new "stamp-free" passport you might just get away with it. Especially if you fly to Malaysia or Vietnam etc and come in by land border.

After all they didnt actually tell you that you could never come back after they arrested you did they?

Well, another fine job done by the boys in brown, Thailand is free of a major "menace to society", Pattaya residents are sleeping better at nights now I'm sure.

Best of Luck mate....

I dont think this is the poster above merely a Q&A in the Phuket gazette...

That said the person who is now PNG is an idiot.. All that for a towel.. could he not have smiled and explained that he simply took it to the beach and forgot.. Personally I think there has to be more to this story and it was an easy way to find out if a red stamp meant PNG..

Without wanting to give assistance to the criminal classes, I can explain this from personal experience.. If you have a legal but minor issue in one country it is trivial to use deed pool to start a change of name and request a new passport.. This name change would never fool interpol (murder/ guns / drugs / prostitution IIRC) the US,SS or other global players, but it does clean your record of minor offences that dont hit the global machinery..

This punter's problems were done to death on here at the time of the offence. As I recall he knocked off the towel from a hotel where he was trespass swimming and using the hotel's towels, and certainly retaining at least one. He was said to have ignored the hotel's requests to nick off, and desist. It could be that the police obliged the hotel management by coming down hard on him.

If you are blacklisted it will not help you to report your passport stolen. It works before, but now they have your name in their computers. Thai embasseys and consulates who issue visa, and at immigration, at airport and othet arrivelpoints will find out if you are blacklisted.

Take your passport to your nearest thaiembassey and asked for visa. If you lucky you will get it because they dont gave you the red stamp, if they refused. Sorry!

I did not suggest declaring your passport I stated that by changing your name legally it does clear the record for minor offences.

Of course you change your name outside of Thailand and get a new passport in a new name from a consulate outside the kingdom also.

I would troll the world to find the friendliest Thai Embassy. I would then pay them a few visits asking about visa'a and tell them how sorry you are, and you want to come back to take care of your girlfriend and her family in Issan. Maybe a sympathy one may be in order maybe not.

I would troll the world to find the friendliest Thai Embassy. I would then pay them a few visits asking about visa'a and tell them how sorry you are, and you want to come back to take care of your girlfriend and her family in Issan. Maybe a sympathy one may be in order maybe not.

That is about as optimistic as a pregnant schoolgirl rubbing vanishing cream on her stomach. We are not talking about some suave man about town, we are talking about a poverty packer, towel pinching pool trespasser. His sphere of influence would be around zero minus.

I would suggest pissing off and never coming back to Thailand.  We've got enough of your type here already.

He has already been deported PD.Read the tread again.

My advice is the same whether he has already been deported, or if he is still here.

"Let he who has not sinned.....caste the first stone"

Jesus.

"let he who is without sin..cast the first stone"

Bible (and spelling) lesson for Thursday 22 July 2004 in the year of the lord.

Amen :o

John must be lower caste.