Subliminal Learning Thai Audio Cd

NaiGreg

Found on eBay from a company called "Success Matters" ...

sccd121GI.JPG

This web site promotes ...

"Learning Thai Faster, Subliminal Language Audio CD"

This subliminal CD is a powerful tool to help change come to pass, simply listen to the CD and let the changes start to happen automatically.

Powerful

Effective

Easy

Automatic

Guaranteed! Or your money back.

Subliminal material

The subliminal messages in this CD are mixed into the sound of a mild rain storm and distant thunder. You will consciously hear no distinguishable words which is what separates a normal suggestion vs. a subliminal suggestion. The tremendous power of a subliminal suggestion is it circumvents a persons resistance to change by going directly into the subconscious mind.

......... Call me skeptical but this looks like the biggest (and most amusing) Thai language learning rip off I've ever seen. :o

I have an account. Just looked at ebay and he's got lots of other cd's as well.

A traveller, you still want to get this? I'll have to see if he ships to LOS.

Yes, was a serious comment, I've some friends coming here soon for a few months, none have any grounding in Thai and it would be an, admittedly anecdotal, experiment to use the CD with some to see if there was a benefit, as a supporting activity to 'conventional' learning.

Regards and thanks for the offer

PS Please feel free to PM me.

Not wanting to make this a debate about subliminal techniques, but just quickly, there is some evidence that the methods can create what is termed the 'tip of the tongue' effect. Further there are examples of using rapid visual clues to reinforce recognition and, possibly, preference. The problem is that the very questionable approach, being polite here, which might be best described as 'learn the Encyclopaedia Britannica while you sleep', lead to unsustainable expectations.

As I note it would be interesting to do the experiment with the CD as an adjunct to traditional learning, and see if there was any demonstrable difference. I'd be happy to post back a summary here.

Contrary to what many believe we really do not understand the acquisition of learning process nearly as well as we should.

Regards

/edit CD as adjunct... //

Edited by A_Traveller